Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Overland World Record Arctic Expedition using Taco

Old 12-05-2011, 06:31 AM   #1
satmanski is on a distinguished road

Name: Sean
satmanski's Tacoma Gallery
Overland World Record Arctic Expedition using Taco

Heavily modified Taco on a journey to the South Pole.

http://expeditiontothesouthpole.com/...vehicle-route/

Some basics on the vehicle:

The power per kilo of a rally car, supercharged 320 bhp, 4L V6 engine
44" wheels, 32 gears and custom axles for the toughest terrain
Lightest, fastest polar vehicle yet, bringing totally new levels of performance to polar travel
Durable long travel suspension systems with adjustable settings for conditions
Attached Thumbnails
Overland World Record Arctic Expedition using Taco-vehicle1_large.jpg  
Old 12-05-2011, 06:34 AM   #2
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
NicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nic
NicNac22's Tacoma Gallery
thats what my truck wants to be when he grows up
Old 12-05-2011, 06:56 AM   #3
miller is on a distinguished road
miller's Tacoma Gallery
sweet jesus, I think I am in love.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:23 AM   #5
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
i'd like to see that in person
Old 12-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #7
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WAIT!!!!!!!!! This journey is going on RIGHT NOW as we speak ?
Old 12-05-2011, 09:39 AM   #8
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Holy tire clearance batman! Half the door is gone lol
Old 12-05-2011, 09:39 AM   #9
MMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Michael
MMazz365's Tacoma Gallery
AHHHHHH !!!! that beautiful
Old 12-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #10
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i am pretty sure that has been photoshopped other wise the front doors would be holding on by one set of hinges

edit: then i looked at the pics in the article and realized that there are giant fender flares in the front...
Old 12-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #11
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Quote:
Originally Posted by shweller View Post
Photoshop?
maybe....
Old 12-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #12
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
It's just the angle of the photo to the flares I think.

Edit: Damn I'm slow.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #13
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Old 12-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #14
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post
yeah i am pretty sure that has been photoshopped other wise the front doors would be holding on by one set of hinges

edit: then i looked at the pics in the article and realized that there are giant fender flares in the front...
Lol yes, same here. optical illusion
Old 12-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #15
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
NicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lol theres two of them, i saw them on tv
Old 12-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #16
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
This was vehicle was posted earlier in the year. Its based on a 2nd gen tacoma, not a hilux.

This caught my eye:
2150 litre fuel capacity: uses half the fuel of similar vehicles

So it carries 568 gal of bio fuel?
Old 12-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #17
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQiMKVHW5qs

Sounds awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SyW4CQtdF8
Old 12-05-2011, 09:50 AM   #18
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2Queens6 View Post
This was vehicle was posted earlier in the year. Its based on a 2nd gen tacoma, not a hilux.

This caught my eye:
2150 litre fuel capacity: uses half the fuel of similar vehicles

So it carries 568 gal of bio fuel?
well it is traveling through the artic...i dont think they have too many gas stations
Old 12-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #19
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjcvuP9mEQE