Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

what is a GOOOD DEAL?!?!

Old 12-05-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
what is a GOOOD DEAL?!?!

as the title states, my brother is getting ready to purchase a 2011 Toyota Corolla Type S automatic 1.8L. It has alarm, cargo mats, tints and the usual 2 years or 25k maintenance plan

the deal he has so far is 0 down 0 interest out the door for $21000.

What is a good deal for this? What are others getting?

location = southern cali.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
When my mom bought her Camry in 2007, she got I out the door in 21k with the gold maintaince plan or whatever they call it, 21k for a Corrola seems very steep to me
Old 12-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Oooooooohhhhh, I did not see the 0 interest, can't remember what my moms rate was, it was low for sure
Old 12-05-2011, 08:15 PM   #5

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAnts View Post
what you get out of the gold plan?
I don't remember what it covers but I know she had it up to 45 or 50k miles instead of the 25 mentioned above
Old 12-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #7

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
In Fresno too so not to far from South Cali, it isn't the highest trim Camry but its an LE, so not the lowest either, they might have raised the prices now maybe that's why I think it's a bit too much for one
Old 12-06-2011, 08:13 AM   #8
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea, after some further research on toyotanation forums, some are getting the Corolla S w the upgraded audio package, floor mats, carpeted trunk, bumper stops and moonroof for about ~19.6 OTD.... So i don't know. also, having a manual transmission will make it a bit cheaper too...

my brother was about to sign paper work until i called him and told him to put a hold on the purchase until i can get more information and what not.

still looking for anyone who has any idea or would like to share what a good/decent deal is for a 2011 Corolla S
Old 12-06-2011, 05:01 PM   #10
just an AnT

well one dealer lied and said they had a manual transmission in stock and when my brother went, there were NONE!!! so my brother tried to use that as leverage to get the price lower on an automatic and they wouldnt budge.. effin basterds...

the dealer where i bought my truck from is saying OTD-$20,366.68 ........hmmmmmmmmmmm?!?!?!?!
Old 12-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #11

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well one dealer lied and said they had a manual transmission in stock and when my brother went, there were NONE!!! so my brother tried to use that as leverage to get the price lower on an automatic and they wouldnt budge.. effin basterds...

the dealer where i bought my truck from is saying OTD-$20,366.68 ........hmmmmmmmmmmm?!?!?!?!
Getting closer, was that 20366 with 0 APR and maintance too?
Old 12-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #12
just an AnT

yup.
2011 Corolla S (auto transmission) with upgraded audio, sunroof, side molds and carpetted mats/trunk...

i threw and offer of 19500 and they said,
"Hi Anthony,
Unfortunately, at this time we cannot meet your current objective. If your situation changes please feel free to let us know.
Best Regards"

I'm planning on responding to them tomorrow morning with the following:
"Good morning,
I am ready to purchase the vehicle as early as this weekend (if not sooner) but not for your price listed. Especially when I previously purchased a truck last December from Cabe Toyota. Can you at least meet me at $19600.00?"

let me know what you guys think!!! please chime in if you can help with negotiation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunner View Post
Getting closer, was that 20366 with 0 APR and maintance too?
Old 12-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #13
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried using truecar and/or edmunds true market value pricing tools that match your zip to the corolla you want to buy?
That really helped in buying my tundra & the pricing on truecar shows the spread of numbers across sales in the zipcode.
GL with the purchase, definitely working the deal hard and holding to your number works. Someone will want to make the sale. They can do what they want if you hold out & are willing to walk/shop another day!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #14
just an AnT

Thanks Judy!

Edmunds says $19,599 for the true market value. TrueCar says the average paid $19,938 but anything under $20,101 is a good price.

My email this morning said:
"I am ready to purchase the vehicle as early as this weekend (probably sooner) but unfortunately, not for the price being listed for. Especially the fact that I'm a returning customer. Is there any possible way to meet me at $19700.00?"

Dealer replied:
Hope your morning is going well.
We gave you our best pricing possible, because you were a returning customer and we want to earn your business. Unfortunately, at this time we cannot meet your current objective.
If your situation changes feel free to let us know"

I responded with:
"There's no absolute way you can even drop a few hundred?"

They haven't responded yet... But I'm going to hold my ground at $19700.... If it fails I'll throw my last offer of $19800 and say I'll shop at the local dealer near my house instead....
Old 12-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #15
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
So the dealer you bought your truck at's price is 20,366.68.
You got numbers off edmunds & trucar
Your Top No Lower number is $19800.
That is a $566.68 spread.
If you split it $238ish
Somethin under $20k or under is doable!
Its always better at the end of the month. It is not like the economy with the Holidays looming buyers are spending lots of cash.
Patience will work in your favor!
Keep posting the updates, the sales staff is hoping for the quick signs/oh well that is the best deal types of buyers..
Sounds like you know your stuff and it is great you are there for your brother saving him some money!

Quote:
Thanks Judy!

Edmunds says $19,599 for the true market value. TrueCar says the average paid $19,938 but anything under $20,101 is a good price.

My email this morning said:
"I am ready to purchase the vehicle as early as this weekend (probably sooner) but unfortunately, not for the price being listed for. Especially the fact that I'm a returning customer. Is there any possible way to meet me at $19700.00?"

Dealer replied:
Hope your morning is going well.
We gave you our best pricing possible, because you were a returning customer and we want to earn your business. Unfortunately, at this time we cannot meet your current objective.
If your situation changes feel free to let us know"

I responded with:
"There's no absolute way you can even drop a few hundred?"

They haven't responded yet... But I'm going to hold my ground at $19700.... If it fails I'll throw my last offer of $19800 and say I'll shop at the local dealer near my house instead....
Old 12-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #16
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
May have more luck in person rather than email?
Old 12-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #17
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
as the title states, my brother is getting ready to purchase a 2010 Toyota Corolla Type S automatic 1.8L. It has alarm, cargo mats, tints and the usual 2 years or 25k maintenance plan

the deal he has so far is 0 down 0 interest out the door for $21000.

What is a good deal for this? What are others getting?

location = southern cali.
My wife got hers for 16,700 before taxes, same car but 2010 model. Interest rate is 2.9 for 5 years and we put 0 down. We got the Toyota service plan as well with all the same crap, cargo mats, alarm, wheels, trunk wing, tint.... everything that generally comes on the S.

Of course you have to factor in the difference in interest as well as price when trying to find the best deal. Use an amaturization calculator to figure this out.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #18
just an AnT

I'm going to stay quiet for the rest of the day and possibly tomorrow as well.... Then Friday if they don't budge I'll throw my final offer and then it's up to my brother if he wants to take the deal or not. Also need to find out how soon he needs the vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
So the dealer you bought your truck at's price is 20,366.68.
You got numbers off edmunds & trucar
Your Top No Lower number is $19800.
That is a $566.68 spread.
If you split it $238ish
Somethin under $20k or under is doable!
Its always better at the end of the month. It is not like the economy with the Holidays looming buyers are spending lots of cash.
Patience will work in your favor!
Keep posting the updates, the sales staff is hoping for the quick signs/oh well that is the best deal types of buyers..
Sounds like you know your stuff and it is great you are there for your brother saving him some money!
Thought about it but I think we as the customers may get the short end of the stick when doing a negotiation in person (maybe not by much). Reason being is that the vehicle you want is literally right there. And I just think its easier for the customer to settle with whatever the price is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin904 View Post
May have more luck in person rather than email?
Interest rate for this will be 0% (60mnths)and zero down OR the other option is to get a $1000 rebate but the interest rate will probably be around 2.9% (excellent score).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
My wife got hers for 16,700 before taxes, same car but 2010 model. Interest rate is 2.9 for 5 years and we put 0 down. We got the Toyota service plan as well with all the same crap, cargo mats, alarm, wheels, trunk wing, tint.... everything that generally comes on the S.

Of course you have to factor in the difference in interest as well as price when trying to find the best deal. Use an amaturization calculator to figure this out.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:28 AM   #19
just an AnT

The internet director for that dealership now emailed me saying:
"This is Kenny from Cabe Toyota and I appreciate this opportunity to earn your business. The pricing we are offering you is a very competitive price for the particular vehicle you are interested in. Please consider our offer of *$20,366.68 which includes the $1,000 rebate. Also there is special APR available in place of the Rebate if you are financing"

I haven't responded and thats because I spoke with my brother and he wants the Hyundai Genesis 2.0T instead... something with a little more 'ummf' than the Corolla. It'll be $355 for 66 months at 3.5% apr. So $23430 out the door with everything (tax, title, license) Which I think is fairly good considering the true value that the two websites (edmund and truecar) states ~22k and thats without the tax, title and license.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:30 AM   #20
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
I can't believe Corollas are that expensive.

I only paid $5k more than that for my Tacoma!

Fink