Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

question about my wifes 2000 saturn

Old 12-06-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
question about my wifes 2000 saturn

Let me preface this with, I have not driven the car to know exactly what is going on.
My wife has a 2000 saturn SL1. last night she told me that when she presses in the clutch, the car revs several hundred rpm's and stays revved for several seconds, then goes back to normal. She said it didn't used to do this. Any idea what could be wrong?
Old 12-06-2011, 07:40 AM   #2
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by captclueless View Post
Let me preface this with, I have not driven the car to know exactly what is going on.
My wife has a 2000 saturn SL1. last night she told me that when she presses in the clutch, the car revs several hundred rpm's and stays revved for several seconds, then goes back to normal. She said it didn't used to do this. Any idea what could be wrong?

She's got her foot on the gas
Old 12-06-2011, 07:42 AM   #3
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty5Thirty View Post
She's got her foot on the gas
I can't imagine she does. Shes driven this car for almost 12 years.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:42 AM   #4
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Saturns have a weird hydraulic clutch, it's a pain to deal with. I've had two saturns, have it checked out.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:44 AM   #5
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't know Saturn made kitchen appliances.

lol i kid, I assume she is pressing in the clutch before she is completely off the gas pedal
Old 12-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #6
Cybertronian Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Saturns have a weird hydraulic clutch, it's a pain to deal with. I've had two saturns, have it checked out.
Yeah, it's got 148000 miles, and it's the original clutch. Were trying to limp along till september/october so we can save up another 5000 bucks for a down payment on something new. I don't want to put a ton of money into it.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:09 AM   #7
Cybertronian Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by leveltwo View Post
I didn't know Saturn made kitchen appliances.

LOL. she wouldn't find that funny, but I do. she is definitely not a sheepish wife. I do my fair share.