Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

No More Compact Trucks… For US

Old 12-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
Mlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shedMlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shedMlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shedMlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shedMlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shedMlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shedMlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shedMlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shedMlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shedMlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shedMlrwerks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Mlrwerks's Tacoma Gallery
No More Compact Trucks… For US

Found this interesting.

http://epautos.com/2011/12/09/no-mor...trucks-for-us/
Old 12-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks man.

All that CAFE shit is so fucking stupid.

Though I think a Tacoma counts as "Mid Size?"
So we may still be safe... for now.

Still... It's nice to see they're going to offer a diesel engine... maybe Toyota will follow...

(IB4diesel_in_a_toyota shitstorm)
Old 12-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #3
NYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant future
Name: Joe
NYNURSE's Tacoma Gallery
The Number 1 reason I own a 2011 Tacoma and not a 2012 Ranger.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by infaMOUSE View Post
That sucks man.

All that CAFE shit is so fucking stupid.

Though I think a Tacoma counts as "Mid Size?"
So we may still be safe... for now.

Still... It's nice to see they're going to offer a diesel engine... maybe Toyota will follow...

(IB4diesel_in_a_toyota shitstorm)
Overseas, Toyota already has a mid-sized diesel it's called the Hilux. Once again, the American Marketplace misses out due to it's own rules and regulations...
Old 12-12-2011, 10:33 AM   #5
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I know about the Hilux.
I meant for the American Market.
Than I read that the diesel isn't going to be here in American anyway.
We'll just have to see.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:33 AM   #6
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
It reads as Ford will no longer sell the Ranger in USA, not no more mid-sized truck sales in USA. I think everyone is safe.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:56 PM   #7
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
This was in the works long before the last CAFE announcement. Ford says a properly equipped F150 will yield the same mileage as a Ranger so they no longer see the need for a vehicle of that segment.

GM is still flip-flopping on the Colorado/Canyon platform. Dodge is switching the Dakota over to a Ridgeline competitor.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #8
JCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JCBigler's Tacoma Gallery
That leaves Toyota and Nissan as the only viable mid sized pick up in the US truck market. If either of those two companies could get their diesel trucks certified in the US, it would kill the other one, and they would have complete market domination.

I think it's high time for Toyota to start greasing the congressional wheels, if you know what I mean.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #9
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Damn glad i have my compact pickup.

No one sells pickups anymore.

Suzuki's shitfuck equator - midsize
Tacoma 2gen - midsize
Mazda - NONE
Mitsubishi - NONE
Nissan - Midsize
Ford - Midsize
Chevy - Midsize
Dodge - Midsize.

Damn, it seems if you want a truck, then you need to get yourself a:

Otherwise, you dont have a truck

Also, the NHTSA and EPA can kiss the fattest part of my ass, for promoting and thinking their dipshit "CAFE" plan was a good idea. I hope the safety-stacies that work there forget to wear their reflective belts while crossing the sidewalk, get taken the fuck out by a fuel truck, and die in a fire.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:12 PM   #10
neilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud of
neilvan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post
I hope the safety-stacies that work there forget to wear their reflective belts while crossing the sidewalk, get taken the fuck out by a fuel truck, and die in a fire.
wow, tell us how you really feel...
Old 12-20-2011, 11:45 PM   #11
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Now, admit it, who here voted for Obama?
Old 12-21-2011, 12:19 AM   #14
Donnie Ho is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Philippines 1968 - 69
Donnie Ho's Tacoma Gallery
They don't want you in a truck. They want you in a Volt.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:22 AM   #15
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Who the fuck cares. Toyota isn't ditching the Tacoma any time soon so why worry?
Old 12-21-2011, 12:35 AM   #16
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
its just sad that there is no such thing as a mini truck any more. 10 years ago just about every truck company had a mini truck in their line, now nobody does, the 09ish ranger was about the last closest thing to a mini truck, but now that thats gone, everything is full sized with some midsized thrown in there. i am glad i have my 1st gen, i <3 mini trucks
Old 12-21-2011, 12:50 AM   #17
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's sad that my 89 Honda civic gets better gas mileage then a 2012 and still goes just as fast... I think Ford failed, they produced too many big vehicles and need to widen their market share in the small compact car arena. Ford failed America not the other way around.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:51 AM   #18
bhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nice
Name: Ben
bhh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Ford makes awesome stuff, if only they would sell it here... I would put my own money on a bet that truck would sell like crazy! 30+ out the door for a pick-up?? my buddy has a new mustang and all those electronics are sweet!

This is hurting everyone and everything, more pollution will be made because people are being forced to buy trucks that don't get 30+, ford will loose money, the US will looks millions in tax money and people will not be as happy.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:54 AM   #19
hetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nice
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Now, admit it, who here voted for Obama?
I did and proud of it...

I am a democrat, I own guns, I drive a 4x4 and ride motorcycles...
Old 12-21-2011, 01:07 AM   #20
Dustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dustyroades's Tacoma Gallery
The reason Ford is not selling the new Ranger here is they know it would cannibalize F-150 sales.