Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

YUGO is no more...

Old 11-20-2008, 01:52 PM   #1
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
YUGO is no more...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27809108/?GT1=43002

as of today, yugo announces, they will no longer produce cars in serbia.
Anybody remeber, these funny little cars in the US in the 80's??
Old 11-20-2008, 01:53 PM   #2
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I think a bail out is in order!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:55 PM   #3
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, I remember them. Kind of a joke. They were cheap to buy, but most used cars were a better deal.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #4
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah. but the former soviet car manufacterer(sp?), was seen as a great asset to the yugoslavian people. but i can tell you i would never own one.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:58 PM   #5
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Hubby's girlfriend before me had one, and I drove one once when I was selling cars (it was a trade-in)--I really thought that I was going to put my foot through the floor when I pushed the clutch down, and it would NOT get out of first gear. I had to cross four lanes of heavy traffic VERY quickly in first gear. The engine was not happy, but I made it. Hubby and I used to joke that they made Yugos out of old Granada doors.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:01 PM   #6

hahaha. i bet i could bench a yugo. me and some buddys picked up a smart car and moved it sideways in a parking space, while it was parked next to two cars.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:21 PM   #8
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
In the late eighties someone gave my mom a Yugo for free. I drove it once and told her to give it back.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:13 PM   #9
BAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to behold

BAT24's Tacoma Gallery
I remember when I was in High School there was a dealership in Columbus that was getting rid of their Yugo franchise. They where selling them literally buy one get one free. A friend of mine bought 2 of them and ended up using the second car for nothing but parts for the first one. The car ran for about 2 and a half years then died. When he graduated he literally left them both in the apartment when he moved out.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:49 PM   #10
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra69 View Post
I remember them................we used to say YUGO-----you go this way the car goes that way. Cuase they would just about fall aprt around you driving down the road.

We would call them YU don't Go's!
Old 11-28-2008, 06:44 PM   #11
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
We would call them YU don't Go's!

And NOGOs too around here! LOL!

or "Sometimes YUGO and sometimes you don't"

Brings back memories of my youth...lol!