Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

RANT about your other vehicle

Old 12-15-2011, 04:02 AM   #1
Tasty fish in a tortilla
SalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
SalmonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
RANT about your other vehicle

I love my Tacoma. This tread is not about my truck - it is about my other ride and the associated woes. If your other whip makes you crazy and takes all your money for truck mods on occasion (like mine does) chime in. Misery loves company.

My non-truck is a van - a 2001 VW Eurovan Weekender. I love that thing. If you own one you understand. There is no TacomaWorld for Eurovans. There is a site or two that are mostly dedicated to lowering and ricing out your Jetta or GTI. Not helpful. Things do wear out on a 10 year old vehicle...

The door locks have been acting funny on the van lately in a bad way. They were locking unexpectedly. We got locked out. It sucked. So the van is taken to the dealership for evaluation and a spare flip key. Shouldn't be a big deal, right?

5 hours after drop-off I get a call from the service advisor - both front door locks are worn out and need replacement @ $352 PER DOOR! That didn't include the evaluation time or the key programming. I felt immediate butthurt. I ended up paying $1054 out the door to get my Eurovan back. I asked the service writer if that included an ARB bumper. He looked confused. I wanted to punch him.

Thanks for keeping it real TW. At least there is a full list of cheap mods for times like these.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
Turdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of light
Turdburglar's Tacoma Gallery
My wife's 2005 Civic Hybrid is, by and large, a decent vehicle. Great on gas and a decent family hauler for our 18 month old daughter. However, the hybrids have a complex (aka expensive) part called an Electric Starter Clutch. Simply put, this thing joins the gas engine to the electric motor. It has clutch packs and what not. Anyways we had to get this replaced because the car vibrated BAD when starting from a dead stop due to the worn clutch packs. THANK GOD this was fixed under warranty at 50k miles because its a 14 hour job that involves dropping the tranny and basically tearing apart half of the engine. Its starting to vibrate again and it's no longer under warranty... Might be time to dump it
Old 12-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
my other vehicle is a DR650.

It is awesome

thats all i got
Old 12-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
okboatie1 is a jewel in the roughokboatie1 is a jewel in the roughokboatie1 is a jewel in the rough

Navy:
Name: Darrell
okboatie1's Tacoma Gallery
Op, sux about your door locks. We had a similar issue with a Pathfinder we got as a gift. At least the Nissan was free

This is about our 08 Yukon Hybrid. This is the wife's vehicle (she wanted the Taco, I said no). After we had it for a few months (bought it used this year), I noticed the CEL flash real quick. I took it into the stealership and they told me that was due to a #1 cylinder misfire/failure. Then they told me that GM will not fix this issue, they only replace the motor!? I almost had a f*cking heart attack until they said it was covered under a bulletin.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I love my 95 Integra. Fully converted to Type-r (all Jspec parts, none of that american Type-R crap).. She's fast, handles great, great stereo, just love the car. All she needs is paint.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #6
say NO to BRO!
jedrovsky is on a distinguished road
jedrovsky's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 1968 Plymouth valiant. My complaint is when I have to wait for the car to heat up before I can drive away or the thing would slip gears
Old 12-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #7
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
GF's stupid Impala squeaks when I turn the wheel...
Old 12-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #8
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
My '06 Super Duty diesel pulls like mad and is a great truck, but International cut corners and really screwed up that 6.0 engine. Too few weak TTY bolts holding down the heads combined with horrible designs for the EGR and oil coolers leads to overheating, blown head gaskets, and cracked heads. The end result was costly to say the least:

Of course, now it's all back together, upgraded, and built properly so it should last several hundred thousand more miles without issue. Great truck for hauling.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:19 PM   #10
Steel Curtain!!
beerye is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
beerye's Tacoma Gallery
My wife rolls her 2003 Wrangler Rubicon that we love for all the rock climbing adventures. It still needs some work, but its a ton of fun and great on the trails!
Old 12-16-2011, 12:21 PM   #11
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
I wish my Supra ran
Old 12-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #12
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerye View Post
My wife rolls her 2003 Wrangler Rubicon that we love for all the rock climbing adventures. It still needs some work, but its a ton of fun and great on the trails!
BAN!
Old 12-16-2011, 12:34 PM   #13
brow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud of

Name: Andy
brow's Tacoma Gallery
2003 VW passatt, biggest pile of crap in the world. God damn check engine light comes on every other week, autozone knows me by name now im in so often to get the codes read. misfire in cylinder, bad coolant sensor, bad MAF sensor, ripped an axle boot, running up on the timing belt change out limit ($900-$1100 shop quotes, 12 hours of swearing and $300 in parts to do myself, and thats if i dont screw it up)

and that's just since October, its the girlfriends and im trying to talk her into selling it for an AWD venza or 4-runner, we'll see how that goes.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #14
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Arctic Cat

My other vehicle is a Crossfire long track sled, and it Rules!!! ...For where the Taco cannot go the sled can go go go and go some more!!!!!

Yahooo it is WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 01:03 PM   #15
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
My other vehicle is a Crossfire long track sled, and it Rules!!! ...For where the Taco cannot go the sled can go go go and go some more!!!!!

Yahooo it is WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What'de he say???
Old 12-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #16
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunner View Post
What'de he say???
this ?
win·ter/ˈwintər/

Noun:The coldest season of the year, in the northern hemisphere from December to February and in the
southern hemisphere from June to August

or this:

Web definitions:Arctic Cat is a North American manufacturer of snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles. The company is based in Thief River Falls, MN..

or maybe this:

California (definition) : Land without snow
Old 12-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #17
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
05 WRX, replaced the clutch after the first 2 months cuz I was a dumbass, other than that, love it!
Old 12-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #18

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
this ?
win·ter/ˈwintər/

Noun:The coldest season of the year, in the northern hemisphere from December to February and in the
southern hemisphere from June to August

or this:

Web definitions:Arctic Cat is a North American manufacturer of snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles. The company is based in Thief River Falls, MN..

or maybe this:

California (definition) : Land without snow
Ssss...ssssnnn...snooww? Snow? What is this you speak of?!?!
Old 12-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #19
FrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the rough

Name: Frank
FrankNasti's Tacoma Gallery
My wife's 2010 Honda Insight. We have got up 50mpg on the highway, but the horse power is severely lacking.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #20
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
My '06 Super Duty diesel pulls like mad and is a great truck, but International cut corners and really screwed up that 6.0 engine. Too few weak TTY bolts holding down the heads combined with horrible designs for the EGR and oil coolers leads to overheating, blown head gaskets, and cracked heads. The end result was costly to say the least:

Of course, now it's all back together, upgraded, and built properly so it should last several hundred thousand more miles without issue. Great truck for hauling.

My grandma has an '06 F250 6.0L. I've been telling her to sell it before it goes, its got about 40k on it now with no problems.