Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Scion FR-S

Old 12-24-2011, 02:52 AM   #1
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
Scion FR-S

Who's getting one? I can't wait for this car the be release. I want a fun car to drive and stay with Toyota brands. I love the way this car looks. Gotta say its the best looking Scion yet.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:35 AM   #2
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Should be a fun ride. If I remember correctly, will be a Subaru boxer 4 with about 200 hp and 150 lb ft torque with low lbs and RWD... Subaru will be using the same platform but, will be a little more upscale...if memory is correct.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:37 AM   #3
80s toysport will become famous soon enough80s toysport will become famous soon enough
Name: Nikolai (Nik)
80s toysport's Tacoma Gallery
I thought its supose to be called the gt-86 and will be toyota badged and not scion. I wouldove to get it but will wait to see what defects and problems it has before i get it.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:49 AM   #4
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

Its official. It will be badge as the Scion FR-s and should be at dealers next spring.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:38 AM   #5
I want a Painkiller!
Noslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Noslow100's Tacoma Gallery
Looks too good to be a scion. The aftermarket for that thing is gonna go crazy.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noslow100 View Post
Looks too good to be a scion. The aftermarket for that thing is gonna go crazy.
That's why I want one. Plus its pretty much a Toyota.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #7
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
thats pretty clean... even Kia's and Hyundai's dont look too bad
Old 12-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #8
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
So that's the final product of the Subbie/Toyota team up? That's cool I've liked it since they made it a prototype. I thought it was going to be a 3rd(?) gen Celica? Either way I'd buy one.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Looks great. Too bad it only has 200hp.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #10
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s toysport View Post
I thought its supose to be called the gt-86 and will be toyota badged and not scion.
Everywhere else, yes. But for the US market it's a Scion.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:31 AM   #11
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Looks great. Too bad it only has 200hp.
It's probably not all that heavy so 200hp will probably do it justice. I think you can put some serious boost pressure into a stock Subaru motor anyway.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
It's probably not all that heavy so 200hp will probably do it justice. I think you can put some serious boost pressure into a stock Subaru motor anyway.
Yeah you can put pressure to a boxer engine built for pressure but if it is a NA then the high compression pistons won't allow for too much pressure.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:34 AM   #13
DPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dylan
DPR921's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
Not if its n/a stock..
Old 12-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #14
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder if you could swap in a sti motor in
Old 12-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #15
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I thought its all show and no go .
Old 12-24-2011, 11:56 AM   #16
PWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Prescott
PWhite13's Tacoma Gallery
I think it will be a pretty neat car. Supposedly it has a lower center of gravity than a Ferrari Enzo, so handling should be good.

Edit: I meant the 458 Italia, not Enzo.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #17
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ya the FR-S is pretty sick. My GF drives a tC so she really wants one of these, and quite frankly, I wouldnt mind driving it on occasion either!
Old 12-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #18
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWhite13 View Post
I think it will be a pretty neat car. Supposedly it has a lower center of gravity than a Ferrari Enzo, so handling should be good.
ya and a 53/47 weight bias. Seems like a well balanced sporty car
Old 12-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #19
2 wheel member
RRnold is on a distinguished road

RRnold's Tacoma Gallery
I've been following this car since the FT86 concept in '09. This thing is going to be one fun car to drive!

Anybody on the FT86club forum?

GReddy already has some pieces for this car!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imLi9...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTCOw...layer_embedded