Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

need help w/ toyota truck box

Old 12-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #1
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
need help w/ toyota truck box

I have a Toyota tool truck box and i can not get it open. It is unlocked and when you push the buttons in, it doesn't feel like the locking arms are disengaging. Can someone with one please post pics of the locking mechanism. any ideas would be great too.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:41 AM   #4
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
pyrite
Old 12-25-2011, 07:10 AM   #6
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckcmdr View Post
I have a Toyota tool truck box and i can not get it open. It is unlocked and when you push the buttons in, it doesn't feel like the locking arms are disengaging. Can someone with one please post pics of the locking mechanism. any ideas would be great too.
Give me a few minutes....
Old 12-25-2011, 07:24 AM   #7
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The lock mech. works on a pivot. the push button moves rod to twist the release opening the box. the key lock slots should be horizontal to push and open. It sounds like the buttons are locked. ARE U SURE ????
Attached Thumbnails
need help w/ toyota truck box-lock1.jpg   need help w/ toyota truck box-lock2.jpg   need help w/ toyota truck box-lock3.jpg  
Old 12-25-2011, 07:33 AM   #8
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

good looking out ....rep to u sir ^^^^^^
Old 12-25-2011, 08:08 AM   #9
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Mike View Post
The lock mech. works on a pivot. the push button moves rod to twist the release opening the box. the key lock slots should be horizontal to push and open. It sounds like the buttons are locked. ARE U SURE ????

Thanks for the pics. Now i just need to figure out how to defeat it. i tried to shift the shit in the box by doing hard turns and still the fucker wont open.

I tried horizontal and verticle and still nothing. my next step might be to drill a hole in the bottom and try to reach up there and shift the bar.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:30 AM   #10
If it flies it dies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Mike View Post

Is that the lock pin in pic 3? when i push the buttons in it dosnt feel like the rod is even there. This sucks.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:36 AM   #11

Quote:
Is that the lock pin in pic 3? when i push the buttons in it dosnt feel like the rod is even there. This sucks.
Both sides should be unlocked.

the pin straight up is your lock mech.

you get that feeling of nothing there if the push buttons are not connected to the rod slide.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:40 AM   #12

oh don't push in the buttons in and then turn the key. the lock needs to be moved with the button all the way out.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #14
BIG DADDY

pyrite.........
Old 12-25-2011, 10:41 AM   #15
If it flies it dies!!

I got it. I had to get the box off the truck and i drilled out the rivets in the hindge. this is what i found out~ the slide bar set screws loosened up causing the levers to slide to far away from the push buttons. thanks for the help. prolly going to lock tite the set screws
Old 12-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #16

Quote:
I got it. I had to get the box off the truck and i drilled out the rivets in the hindge. this is what i found out~ the slide bar set screws loosened up causing the levers to slide to far away from the push buttons. thanks for the help. prolly going to lock tite the set screws
Good for you.
I'll have to check mine out for that also.
Thanks for getting back to us with the solution. Good info to have here.
TY
Merry Christmas