Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Nissan 2012

Old 12-24-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Nissan 2012

I was driving around today and saw a nissan pathfinder with a v8 badge .... so i looked into it when i got home..... it was true nissan is offering a 5.6 liter v8 in pathfinders for 2012.... that got me wondering if they were going to start putting them into frontiers .... alas no, no small pickup with a v8 but i did notice that according to the nissan website the frontier will no longer be available in the pro4x variant!! Is nissan making a huge mistake or is something else going on???
Old 12-24-2011, 10:56 PM   #2
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by focotacoma View Post
I was driving around today and saw a nissan pathfinder with a v8 badge .... so i looked into it when i got home..... it was true nissan is offering a 5.6 liter v8 in pathfinders for 2012.... that got me wondering if they were going to start putting them into frontiers .... alas no, no small pickup with a v8 but i did notice that according to the nissan website the frontier will no longer be available in the pro4x variant!! Is nissan making a huge mistake or is something else going on???
no small pickup? might want to look into the colorado there buddy
Old 12-24-2011, 10:58 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
They won't put it in a Frontier. Toyota had a V8 in the 4runner and the Taco never got it.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:05 PM   #4
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
no small pickup? might want to look into the colorado there buddy
Sorry i should have prefaced that with quality small pickup....
Old 12-24-2011, 11:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
They won't put it in a Frontier. Toyota had a V8 in the 4runner and the Taco never got it.
Very true just interesting
Old 12-24-2011, 11:20 PM   #6
2006TRDSPORT
2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of2006TRDSPORT has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
2006TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I just read up a bit on the Colorado, and I'm not very impressed with it. It says with the V8 it can tow 6000lbs...seriously?? Tacoma pulls 6500 with a V6, so to me that's pretty sad. Also, Tacoma has a 5 speed auto when the Chevy still uses the dinosaur age 4 speed. Safety tests are miserable, and I'm sure resale will suck as well. I'll stick with my Tacoma, thnx!
Old 12-24-2011, 11:23 PM   #7
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Why are people so worried about the number of pistons their trucks have????
Old 12-25-2011, 12:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
To be honest i could care less how many pistons my truck has as it is plenty powerful with the stock v6 let alone the sts system I put in, let alone the fact that I own a car with a 3.8L 6 cylinder that puts out 435 hp......I merely posted this as a point of interest in that while toyota seems to be steering away from the usage of small v8 engines nissan seems to be beginning to use them in their smaller vehicles. I wonder if it is a marketing thing or what cause if it were me I would much rather have a 4runner than a v8 pathfinder. It always irked me when I read a review of small pickups and the dakota or colorado got bonus points for their v8 while many other aspects of the trucks were sub-par when compared to the tacoma and even the frontier.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:25 AM   #10
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
To be honest i could care less how many pistons my truck has as it is plenty powerful with the stock v6 let alone the sts system I put in, let alone the fact that I own a car with a 3.8L 6 cylinder that puts out 435 hp......I merely posted this as a point of interest in that while toyota seems to be steering away from the usage of small v8 engines nissan seems to be beginning to use them in their smaller vehicles. I wonder if it is a marketing thing or what cause if it were me I would much rather have a 4runner than a v8 pathfinder. It always irked me when I read a review of small pickups and the dakota or colorado got bonus points for their v8 while many other aspects of the trucks were sub-par when compared to the tacoma and even the frontier.
true that my nissan was a great pickup and so is my 4 banger tacoma. and besides fuck a v8 i want a d4d diesel in mine torque like mad and easy to tune for more plus they return excellent mpg all while lasting for ever.

lol i would take that over a shitty v8 gas burner any day.

i had made up my mind that until toyota brings that little diesel mill to the states i'm happy with my current 4 cyl and would never favor it to a larger engine. it gets the job done just fine and gets great gas millage and if i ever wanted more power i'll just throw some gears in it.

4.56 to keep it mild or 4.88's if i ever decide i truely need more low end grunt. i'm really loving my tacoma thus far and like i said until toyota brings that d4d over here i'm running this one till the wheels fall off
Old 12-25-2011, 12:33 AM   #11
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Frontier Pro-4x is still on Nissan's web site as of today. I don't think the Pathfinder came in Pro-4X trim.

The Pathfinder LE V8 is interesting: 7000 lb towing capcity, 5000 lb curb weight (base Tundra territory), full-time 4WD with low range, 13/18 mpg city/hwy. As I understand, the 4Runner V8 didn't sell well because of unfortunate timing - it came out when oil was hitting $140 a barrel. It will be interesting to see if the Pathfinder V8 will be successful now.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:37 AM   #12
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
i have to say i liked the old boxy pathfinders but the new ones are horrible looking lol. they maybe decent trucks and all but christ almighty there ugly.

my frontier i liked a lot and the new ones are nice trucks imo but, thats another truck that got beat relentlessly with the ugly stick i have no idea what they where thinking when they redesigned that truck.

fucking ray charles could have done a better job lol
Old 12-25-2011, 12:41 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
i have to say i liked the old boxy pathfinders but the new ones are horrible looking lol. they maybe decent trucks and all but christ almighty there ugly.

my frontier i liked a lot and the new ones are nice trucks imo but, thats another truck that got beat relentlessly with the ugly stick i have no idea what they where thinking when they redesigned that truck.

fucking ray charles could have done a better job lol
I agree the styling is not for me and as far as the pro4x frontier is concerned I couldn't find it when i went to build the truck online but it may be a web glitch......

Although toyota could take a tip from nissan in terms of the options offered (i.e. power heated seats leather interior, dual climate control, heated mirrors, etc.....not that its necessary on a truck per say but it would be convenient especially considering the truck (nissan) with all these features is actually less expensive
Old 12-25-2011, 12:42 AM   #14
WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!
CRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CRU's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
It comes from the old "bigger is better" mentality. I've seen it for years in the bike world. In their eyes, the bigger the engine, the faster it goes. Which is not always the case.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:43 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
2012 Frontier Pro-4x is still on Nissan's web site as of today. I don't think the Pathfinder came in Pro-4X trim.

The Pathfinder LE V8 is interesting: 7000 lb towing capcity, 5000 lb curb weight (base Tundra territory), full-time 4WD with low range, 13/18 mpg city/hwy. As I understand, the 4Runner V8 didn't sell well because of unfortunate timing - it came out when oil was hitting $140 a barrel. It will be interesting to see if the Pathfinder V8 will be successful now.
You are correct pathfinder was never in pro4x trim, but the pathfinder is interesting seems as though they are targeting the larger suv crowd (those that may use a sequoia or tahoe or something to pull a boat.....while still offering plenty of seating capacity, I wonder if they are planning to axe the armada in future
Old 12-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #16
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRU View Post
It comes from the old "bigger is better" mentality. I've seen it for years in the bike world. In their eyes, the bigger the engine, the faster it goes. Which is not always the case.
Cummins inline 6.

Booya baby.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #17
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wonder if they are planning to axe the armada in future
I think it's a real possibility. The QX56 went to a different platform based on the venerable Nissan Patrol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo5g57E7gmA