Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Low profile tires

Old 11-24-2008, 06:03 PM   #1
What if God Smoked Cannabis
Bassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud of

Bassetdad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Bassetdad Send a message via AIM to Bassetdad Send a message via Yahoo to Bassetdad
Low profile tires

Hey Everybody, I need some positive suggestions....

My oldest son moved from Cincinnati to Atlanta last November. He is rolling around in a 07 Scion TC, which he lowered 1.5 inches. We want to buy him four new tires for his Christmas gift.

I was attempting to find a national retailer that I can buy the tires in Cincinnati while he was at home visiting with us at Christmas, but he could have the roadside warranty honored in Atlanta if he needed to.
Normally when I purchase tires for my other vehicles (Honda CRV / Civic)
I always purchase Michelin tires. With low profile tires, I’m clueless. I know low profile tires tend to blowout the sidewalls due from improper tire pressure & hitting potholes in roads. Usually I blow off the roadside warranty when I purchase new tires, but with the low profile tire, it’s been suggested that I purchase this option
Which brand/model should I be looking at? I was comparing the Goodyear F1 Eagle all season tires at Sears / Wal-Mart / Tire Rack

For example “IF” I purchased the Goodyear Eagles at

Sears - $848.00 (Tires / mounting alone)
Wal-Mart - $830.00 (mounting, stems & balancing)
Tire Rack - $700.00
(Including shipping, mounting & balancing)

Your thoughts…
Old 11-28-2008, 12:39 PM   #3
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I would agree with wolfpack. I had some Federal Super Steels on my 92 BMW which are nice. paid about 700 for them at les schwab. but Nitto's are great wheels
Old 11-28-2008, 12:45 PM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
I have Bridgestone Potenza 215/45R17s on my 05 scion. This is the second full set I've used (The ones that came with the car and the set that I bought about 5K miles ago.)

I've been very happy with them had no wear issues or problems with the tires. Firestone put the last two on for about 350 (price included Tires, Mount, Balance, and LIFETIME alignment for the car). They look a bit more expensive from tirerack then the F1 Eagles...but I would totally say that it's worth looking into!!

I concur with Wolfpack....Anything lower then a 45 or 40 series is asking to put rims out of round on the first large bump or curb tap...Plus the wheels wells on the Scion kinda eat up the tire- so it looks funny if you go TOO lowpro.

Good luck!!