Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

If you're not in the right lane...

Old 01-02-2012, 04:42 AM   #1
Dustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dustyroades's Tacoma Gallery
If you're not in the right lane...

...and someone comes up behind you, move to the right. Pretty simple.

If no one is around, do 20 in the left lane for all I care. But if someone is going faster than you, let them pass safely.

I know I am preaching to the choir but this is one of those things that actually improves safety.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:48 AM   #2
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
In addition, if someone is in the left lane doing a slower rate of the speed than the vehicle behind him, defense driving teaches for the driver approaching to slow down to a safe rate of speed and a safe distance from the slower vehicle.

I love people who always tend to ride right behind someone's arse and then cry when they wreck.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:17 AM   #3
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
Let them pass safely at 20MPH+ over the speed limit... safely...
Old 01-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #4
themosjohn is on a distinguished road
themosjohn's Tacoma Gallery
not only is it safer, but also the law in most states- left lane is for passing only. Its my biggest peeve when people ride in the left lane...very disrespectful in my opinion
Old 01-02-2012, 06:19 AM   #5
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Nice first post.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:28 AM   #6
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
there was another long thread about this subject recently. people who clog the left lane oblivious to the line of traffic behind them piss me off to no end.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Depends. If in going 70 in lane 1 and some dude is rolling up like a dbag I won't move. If a cart is slowly creeping up I will move as long as I don't have to slow down myself. I try too stay in the slower lanes if possible but sometimes people are going to show in those.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #9
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyroades View Post

If no one is around, do 20 in the left lane for all I care. But if someone is going faster than you, let them pass safely.

I know I am preaching to the choir but this is one of those things that actually improves safety.
I concur. Some muppet pulled that stunt on me when I was driving to work Saturday morning. Two lanes. I'm coming up in the left lane to pass everyone and he decides to pull out in front of me doing about half the speed limit. So why on earth should he be upset then when he sees me braking and right on his ass because he just cut me off doing half the speed limit and then he proceeds to drive half the speed limit till finally he gets over and flips me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
In addition, if someone is in the left lane doing a slower rate of the speed than the vehicle behind him, defense driving teaches for the driver approaching to slow down to a safe rate of speed and a safe distance from the slower vehicle.

I love people who always tend to ride right behind someone's arse and then cry when they wreck.
Don't have an accident. If you do have an accident, remember, it was an accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedToy View Post
Let them pass safely at 20MPH+ over the speed limit... safely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by themosjohn View Post
not only is it safer, but also the law in most states- left lane is for passing only. Its my biggest peeve when people ride in the left lane...very disrespectful in my opinion
This is how it is in the UK (only right lane obviously), but at least people follow it. Cannot stand people who don't use the left lane for passing and just for cruising......
Old 01-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #10
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
.....you're in the left lane ?
our steering wheels are on the left too
Old 01-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #11
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
our steering wheels are on the left too
And so are the steering wheels in Canada
Old 01-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #12
Bastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to beholdBastaardo is a splendid one to behold
Name: Angel
Bastaardo's Tacoma Gallery
NJ law as well as other states read; (STAY RIGHT, PASS LEFT). But there are those who
1. Can't read
2. Don't care
3. Want to play left lane dictator and set the speed limit for the entire highway
Europeans drive safely (and legally on the Autobahn) at 100 + mph following this simple, common sense rule.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #13
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
absolutly hate people who cruise in the fast lane at a slow rate of speed. who are you to tell me how fast is to fast, your not an officer of the law. get the fuck over, now.

i do ride the driver side line and use my brights in some instances.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #14
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
And so are the steering wheels in Canada
(i was joking with him )
Old 01-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #15
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyroades View Post

I agree. Let that mofo get a ticket for speeding!!! HOOYAHH!!
Old 01-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #16
Mtlgrlie is on a distinguished road
Mtlgrlie's Tacoma Gallery
You know who I hate almost as much as the slow guy in the left lane?

The DB that keeps trying pass me on the right while I wait for the slowboat in front of me to get over. Really? Can't you see we're IN the left lane so we can go faster ourselves? And then he gets mad that I won't brake to let him in?!?

Ok.....I feel better. Until my next roadtrip that is.....
Old 01-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #17
Stickers and new floormats arent Mods
weiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedweiser5150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JK
weiser5150's Tacoma Gallery
left lane is a passing lane....only.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #20
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregLee98 View Post
I call the left lane the fastER lane. Doesn't matter what you are driving, move right. Love driving in Germany where the almost unanimously obey the laws for driving. They also have to pay alot for driving school to get their license, unlike here in the USA.

This is the key difference. Education. Unfortunately it's not a priority in the state I currently live in. If you ever get to Atlanta you'll be able to experience traffic chaos. I hope it's not raining when you're here.