Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Which Musclecar would you own?

View Poll Results: Which Musclecar would you like to own?
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP 64 10.54%
2010Chevrolet Camaro SS 270 44.48%
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 189 31.14%
2009 Ford Rustang GT 84 13.84%
Voters: 607. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #281
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
GTR ftw
This over any of those options, but if there were only those 4 to pick from I'd take the Challeneger. Derp stangs and Camaros are driven by mostly women and teenagers, and they think they're fast. The G8 is a sedan so I wouldn't consider it muscle even though it has an LS3 (although I have seen some pretty impressive G8s pushing over 600 horsepower with minimal bolt ons)
Old 04-10-2013, 06:58 AM   #282
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
This over any of those options, but if there were only those 4 to pick from I'd take the Challeneger. Derp stangs and Camaros are driven by mostly women and teenagers, and they think they're fast. The G8 is a sedan so I wouldn't consider it muscle even though it has an LS3 (although I have seen some pretty impressive G8s pushing over 600 horsepower with minimal bolt ons)

There is a guy in town with a cammed g8, i dont know how many sets of tires he has gone through but he spinnnes them everywhere
Old 04-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #283
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have worked on plenty of the Camaro models, 2010 and newer. They have plenty of power. And nice style. Not everyone likes the same thing. If they did, we would all drive identical cars.

Of course while I did vote for the Camaro in this age-old thread, If I had my choice of anything it would be a tie between a 69 Camaro SS with a worked 383 Stroker, and a 1969 Mach1 428SCJ.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #284
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll give you that womens and teenagers drive mustangs, however my moms mustang is plenty fast.. Shelby makes a nice fast mustang
Old 04-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #285
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Repercussions a month later Ahh I'd rock a Camaro SS, I wouldn't rock a stang, nor a G8..

Don't change your sig
Old 04-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #286
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
I'll give you that womens and teenagers drive mustangs, however my moms mustang is plenty fast.. Shelby makes a nice fast mustang
Shelby is a mustang I guess, but that's apples to oranges when you talk about N/a vs forced induction
Old 04-10-2013, 07:08 AM   #287
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Shelby is a mustang I guess, but that's apples to oranges when you talk about N/a vs forced induction
Oh I know but you didnt say any of that, you only said mustang
Old 04-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #288
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
SS camaro of these choices, although I think all muscle cars should be convertibles with manual transmissions.

That Pontiac thing doesn't appeal to me at all even if it breaks the sound barrier. Blech
Old 04-10-2013, 07:20 AM   #289
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Oh I know but you didnt say any of that, you only said mustang
I said mustang because it's in the poll, actually it says rustang. I don't think people who own one and I don't think shelby considers it a mustang, there is no mustang badging on it I don't think.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #290
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
While the Shelby does not have the Mustang badging, it is still a Mustang. Just like the ZL1 is still a Camaro. It is just a modified version.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #291
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?
Doc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Doc4216's Tacoma Gallery
I still would much rather have an original Muscle car. Dream car is '69 Charger or '70 Challenger.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:01 AM   #292
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Heh same here, I'd much rather drive an older muscle car than a new one.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:47 AM   #293
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Of the selection given, the Mustang would be my choice.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:47 AM   #294
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Off the list. I'd pick the Camaro.

But I'd rather have a British muscle car.

Although I wish they've have this for the Zeta platform.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #295
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go muscle when they didn't have a computer running the show. Nothing that cuts 4 cylinders out when cruising. Just raw power and bad gas mileage. That's true muscle to me.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #297
Jetman1979 is on a distinguished road
Navy: E-6 retired
Name: Michael
Jetman1979's Tacoma Gallery
None

They are all too new 60s-mid 70s thats the ticket.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #299
dsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DSJ
dsjones5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
I have worked on plenty of the Camaro models, 2010 and newer. They have plenty of power. And nice style. Not everyone likes the same thing. If they did, we would all drive identical cars.

Of course while I did vote for the Camaro in this age-old thread, If I had my choice of anything it would be a tie between a 69 Camaro SS with a worked 383 Stroker, and a 1969 Mach1 428SCJ.

I would literally kill for a 69 mach 1 with a 428. But the daddy of them all is the BOSS 429.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #300
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetman1979 View Post
They are all too new 60s-mid 70s thats the ticket.