Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Which Musclecar would you own?

View Poll Results: Which Musclecar would you like to own?
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP 64 10.56%
2010Chevrolet Camaro SS 270 44.55%
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 188 31.02%
2009 Ford Rustang GT 84 13.86%
Voters: 606. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #301
StihlToyota is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
StihlToyota's Tacoma Gallery
Not on the list: Shelby 1000 Cobra S/C

1,100 hp
Old 05-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #302
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
I am a "Large Car" kind of thinker..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2J_32KEKZs

Now ad this to your poll and you might see some folks that UNDERSTAND horsepower and torque speak up...

And YES, when I retire I would LOVE to rebuild one of these and pull an RV with it....just to pi$$ off young Tacoma drivers in the left lane
Old 05-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #303
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't consider any of those muscle cars. They are sports cars, just like the imports that go 180mph+ are super cars. The muscle car I want is a 69 Camaro SS, but who doesn't want one.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:33 AM   #304
Moco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311/0331 Security Plt. Hot dogs & Soda 2/23
Name: Eric
Moco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
I wouldn't consider any of those muscle cars. They are sports cars, just like the imports that go 180mph+ are super cars. The muscle car I want is a 69 Camaro SS, but who doesn't want one.
Sorry Bud,

But the list of cars in this poll was made 5 years ago. Counting today's 5.0 Mustang, the Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger are most definitely musclecars. They all come from the factor with 400+ hp motors and are legitimate high 12- low13 second cars bone stock right down to the airfilter. Furthermore, there is nothing sporty about a Challenger.

The 60's cars are all ill handling slow POSs compared to the modern cars today. Hell, the automatic V6 Mustang of today could probably out-dyno a 69 Camaro SS and also smoke it on the 1/4 strip as well.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #305
Moco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Moco's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and here is my response to the poll - Ive taken the liberty of modifying my response a bit:

Old 05-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #306
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Which Musclecar would you own?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1368392368.918708.jpg
Crown Vic
Old 05-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #307
scottg918514 is on a distinguished road
scottg918514's Tacoma Gallery
2005 Mustang GT conv, triple black
Attached Thumbnails
Which Musclecar would you own?-image.jpg  
Old 05-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #308
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
Here you go my other toy in the garage.......
And I want to build this one some day.....
Old 05-30-2013, 04:57 AM   #310
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Greg
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
For you sir...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco View Post
Sorry Bud,

But the list of cars in this poll was made 5 years ago. Counting today's 5.0 Mustang, the Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger are most definitely musclecars. They all come from the factor with 400+ hp motors and are legitimate high 12- low13 second cars bone stock right down to the airfilter. Furthermore, there is nothing sporty about a Challenger.

The 60's cars are all ill handling slow POSs compared to the modern cars today. Hell, the automatic V6 Mustang of today could probably out-dyno a 69 Camaro SS and also smoke it on the 1/4 strip as well.
I hate to say I agree but, sadly, for the most part I do. I've always been a muscle car fan and have had some very nice, very fast cars. But, driving my son's 2011 Subaru WRX, which is nothing special (stock with a few mods but nothing outrageous) I'm amazed with the power they can make fom a 'lil 4 cylinder turbo'd motor. And, handling -- forget it.

The only problem I see is that I pass six of them on my way to anywhere while there aren't that many '69 Camaros crawling around. And, the power is just "different". When I stand on my 396, you definitely feel violent, raw, semi out of control power. With his all-wheel-drive turbo, it's just this steady, very controlled power. In a 1/4 mile, I'd be challenged to get the Camaro to hook-up without slicks and he'd probably dust me. Is his car a "muscle car"? Nope. But it's fast as hell and handles like it's on rails.

Just my humble opinion...
Old 09-20-2013, 06:30 AM   #311
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco View Post
Oh, and here is my response to the poll - Ive taken the liberty of modifying my response a bit:
Sweet Stang man I am very .
Old 09-21-2013, 04:27 AM   #312

Moco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns View Post
Sweet Stang man I am very .
Thank you Brother.

She actually looks like this now: