Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

need help w/ edelbrock carb and homeade defrost

Old 01-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
DSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kerri
DSMissed's Tacoma Gallery
need help w/ edelbrock carb and homeade defrost

So winter is here and its about time that I put away my 2wd mighty max and start using the jacked up 79 toyota I picked up last summer. I've got a couple problems I'm hoping someone smarter than me can help solve tho...

First off, this truck has a 350 motor in it with an edelbrock carb. I think it needs adjusted, but I'm not sure whether its too rich or lean... I have to pump hell out of the truck for it to start, and then when I try and drive if I hit the gas too quickly it will bog down.

Secondly.... it has a chevy dash in it, and has only a switch on the dash to turn on heat. Problem is that does not include defrost. Any ideas on how I can get the blower to work on defrost?