Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Ask a Dealer.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #41
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
This is a fantastic thread, thank you for sharing your expertise. It might come in handy if/when I go get the new 86.
Thanks alot. I will be the first to admit that I am not any sort of Toyota Guru. Its good to get thanks for this thread. I am glad it didnt turn into a sh*t talking thread like I expected it to.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #42
DCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
DCW's Tacoma Gallery
Hey steve great info. Question for you, If the price is for round numbers 30,000 on a DC Off Road what can you realy buy the truck for? How much room is there?
Old 01-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #43
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Sproulesxrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Why is the difference in price so drastic between US and Canadian dealers? Especially for TRD items? My local toyota dealer wanted 8800$ installed for a TRD S/C and 3200$ for an Xrunner BBK .
Old 01-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #44
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on the dealer mark-up really. The price should never be more then the MSRP a lot of times you can knock off at least $1000-2000. If your in the market to buy I have put many many useful links and info in the first post of this thread. Its alot to go thru but I think I covered most of it. I still go back to it and edit it when I think of something else to put there.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #45
DCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DCW's Tacoma Gallery
How much is the hold back on that type of truck?
Old 01-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #46

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproulesxrunner View Post
Why is the difference in price so drastic between US and Canadian dealers? Especially for TRD items? My local toyota dealer wanted 8800$ installed for a TRD S/C and 3200$ for an Xrunner BBK .
This question is out of my league brother. I been to New York once. haha. I have no clue about any of the Canadian to America conversions. Sorry man. But if anyone reads this and has any edumacated guess on this be my guest.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #47
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3VE View Post
This question is out of my league brother. I been to New York once. haha. I have no clue about any of the Canadian to America conversions. Sorry man. But if anyone reads this and has any edumacated guess on this be my guest.
Canadian to USD currently is around 0.95$ - 1 USD. In the past it used to be a much bigger difference but it has been around par for the past 4-5 years
Old 01-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #48

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
How much is the hold back on that type of truck?
Like I said it varies between dealers. I think that if it costs 30k then before tax, tags and fees. If you got that truck for about 26-27.5 I really wouldn't be too surprised.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #50

DCW's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info Steve
Old 01-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #51

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
How much for a 2012 Tacoma Grill?
I texted you the next day. Didn't you get it?
Old 01-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #52
Sorry but I have one last question for you. Is the Xrunner really limited to 3500 per year? I keep on reading that it was limited production but is it really true?
Old 01-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #53

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproulesxrunner View Post
Sorry but I have one last question for you. Is the Xrunner really limited to 3500 per year? I keep on reading that it was limited production but is it really true?
I read that in MotorTrend Magazine a while back. As far as I know it is true. We haven't had one at the dealership in about 8 months. They never did sell too good in my area anyway.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #56

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Yes... just wanted to post in your thread...

Old 01-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #57
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No offense at all but it sounds like you went to some hole in the wall dealer. When we sell anything we always go for the lowest apr available. It doesn't put any extra money in the dealership's pocket buy charging you a different interest rate. The only money that the dealer profits from is the final selling price and the aftermarket sales such as running boards, rims, tint, stereos and other such products. Selling at the lowest rates available is what is appealing to consumers. I hardly ever see anything over 5%.. most are even at 2.9, 1.9 and very often 0%.

And can you define pre-payment penalty for me? I have never heard of someone getting in trouble for paying early?! Doesn't make sense to me.
"pre-payment" penalty is a fee that will be assessed if you pay off the balance of the loan before the date of the last scheduled payment.. i.e. you get a 48 mo. loan, but pay off the balance in 12 mo. (by making extra payments toward principal..). i read the terms of the first loan offer the made to me, ..it in fact had a prepayment penalty/fee that was assessed as a prorated amount, based on how many scheduled payments were made before paying off the balance early..

i believe dealerships do, in fact, make money off of the interest rate,... the banks they work w/ set a rate, and what the dealer presents to the customer usually has some "padding" built in, ..that's extra money for them...
Old 01-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #58

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe in your case there was some shady business going on. In some cases there are banks that work with dealerships. When the bank would give the dealership the rate that you qualify for. Lets say 4.9%... then the dealership will come to you with the rate of 6.9% and make money off of you that way. I don't work that way at the dealer I work at and would never agree to any type of tactics of the sort.

After reading what you have said to me and if what you said is true then in my personal opinion I would never go back to that dealership and do any sort of business. Really sounds like someone is taking you for a sucker.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #59
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe in your case there was some shady business going on. In some cases there are banks that work with dealerships. When the bank would give the dealership the rate that you qualify for. Lets say 4.9%... then the dealership will come to you with the rate of 6.9% and make money off of you that way. I don't work that way at the dealer I work at and would never agree to any type of tactics of the sort.

After reading what you have said to me and if what you said is true then in my personal opinion I would never go back to that dealership and do any sort of business. Really sounds like someone is taking you for a sucker.
oh, yeah, it's true alright... like i said, ..better to go in armed w/ a pre-approved loan to use as leverage, ..otherwise, you'd probably never know how much they are jacking up the interest rate for profit..

BTW, ...i also just found out that the financing dept. had a snafu getting the paperwork to the bank/buyer, resulting in a delay, ... so now i can't make the first payment in time (no account yet) - ...believe me i checked into this, and got the dealer to give me contact info to the bank/buyer, who confirmed this - so i'll be getting my loan account w/ 47/48 payments left, ...the dealer is on the hook for the first payment - i.e. the bank is going to reduce the amount they pay to "buy" the loan from the dealer by 1 payment
Old 01-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #60

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Well I am glad you got it figured out. Hopefully people can learn from what happened here.