Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Ask a Dealer.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Ask a Dealer.

I have came across a good bit of "ASK A.." threads that people are using their profession to help others out and some have helped me out so I figured I would give my service and start this thread to help others out with my profession.
Pricing Guidelines:
Local Buying Programs:
Costco AAA
Sams Club
BJ's USAA

Research Your Dealer:
Dealer Rater

I AM LEAVING THIS INFORMATION UP FOR EVERYONE TO READ THROUGH AND HOPEFULLY HELP OUT WHEN YOU BUY A NEW VEHICLE.. HOWEVER I HAVE DECIDED TO QUIT THE DEALERSHIP BECAUSE IT COMPLETELY DRAINS THE LIFE OUT OF YOU AND I WAS TOLD BY A MANAGER REGUARDING TIME WITH FAMILY "IT'S NOT THE QUANTITY OF TIME YOU SPEND WITH YOUR FAMILY IT IS THE QUALITY OF TIME". SELLING CARS IS NOT THE LIFE FOR ME. THERE IS ALSO TOO MANY UPS AND DOWNS WHEN IT COMES TO A BI-WEEKLY PAYCHECK AND I PREFER A SUSTAINABLE INCOME WEEK TO WEEK.

I will edit this post as needed.
• If someone has the answers to someones question feel free to comment with a knowledgeable answer.
• Some questions are very easily searchable with sites such as Google or even in the TW forums. As someone may have already asked the same question.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Tow rating for 2012 Tundra DC 5.7 sc'd?

Do they still offer limited tundra's w/o leather

What packages does the tundra require for the power rear window (limited or plat only?)
Old 01-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
thanks "steve"

Old 01-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #4
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks "steve"
haha! I thought it was funny.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #5

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Nope. Thats my wife. This past new years eve at Dover Downs, Delaware.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #6
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is THIS ST3VE?
Ur cute steve....
Old 01-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #7
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Ur cute steve....

x2
Old 01-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #8

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oat View Post
Tow rating for 2012 Tundra DC 5.7 sc'd? The 4x4 standard cab is 9200 and 10,100 on the longbed.

Do they still offer limited tundra's w/o leather. Yes. Its standard in the Double Cab & the Crewmax.

What packages does the tundra require for the power rear window (limited or plat only?) The power horizontal window is standard in the double cab limited and a package option in the DC non-limited
Old 01-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #10
johnanm will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Pilot
johnanm's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Steve, I think lots of folks will find this thread useful, so thanks for making your knowledge available to us all!

I'll start things off, I hope this question is in the realm of things you consider fair game. I bought my Tacoma a few months ago using the Truecar.com buying process and a little extra haggling between dealers. I think Truecar is very similar to a lot of other car services such as USAA, ZAG, Overstock, Costco, etc. Many other members on TW have used these in the past as well.

From a dealer perspective, what do you think about these? Are they generally a good resource for buyers? Thanks!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #11

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OOp's i meant super charged by "sc'd"
The Tundra does not come from the factory with a supercharger but they are a option when you purchase one here.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #12
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the reasoning for keeping me in dealership all friggin day to buy my truck?
Old 01-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #13

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanm View Post
Hey Steve, I think lots of folks will find this thread useful, so thanks for making your knowledge available to us all!

I'll start things off, I hope this question is in the realm of things you consider fair game. I bought my Tacoma a few months ago using the Truecar.com buying process and a little extra haggling between dealers. I think Truecar is very similar to a lot of other car services such as USAA, ZAG, Overstock, Costco, etc. Many other members on TW have used these in the past as well.

From a dealer perspective, what do you think about these? Are they generally a good resource for buyers? Thanks!
I think these resources are great. The more knowledge the customer has when buying a new or even used vehicle for that matter is better. Sometimes you will surprise the salesman when you come to the dealer with paperwork on how much the car should cost and a proper knowledge about the car or truck you are interested in.

On a side not I am going to edeit my introduction to this thread and put the links to zag and usaa nad even a few others.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #14
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3VE View Post
The Tundra does not come from the factory with a supercharger but they are a option when you purchase one here.
I know, if you buy a 5.7L Supercharger from TRD, doesnt that increase the tow rating somewhat?
Old 01-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #15

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
Whats the reasoning for keeping me in dealership all friggin day to buy my truck?
paperwork and trying to sell you on other additional options and features.. and even sometimes there is only 1 finance guy at the dealership at one time so he can only deal with one person at a time.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #16

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know, if you buy a 5.7L Supercharger from TRD, doesnt that increase the tow rating somewhat?
The tow rating is what the frame and tow package can handle. If you add a supercharger to anything obviously it can pull more. But if you dont have a comparable tow setup you will damage your truck.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #17

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Besides badging what is the difference on plat/limited tundra's

Im intrigued
Old 01-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #18
Mtlgrlie is on a distinguished road
Mtlgrlie's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Steve!

I adore my new silver snow girl..... "Yeti" is her name.

I looked in my owners manual and couldn't find this answer:

I have a 4x4 2012 Tacoma DC Shortbed....yep, the tank holds 21.1 gallons, but how many gallons are left when the LIGHT comes on??

I feel like every time I fuel her up I'm putting in over 17 gallons yet drove what felt like A LONG WAY with the light on.

I come from a 09 Subaru that will count down how many miles til empty (60 miles when the light comes on), so now I'm trying to get a feel for refueling this sucker.

Thanks for offering to answer our questions.

Leslie
Old 01-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #19

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Besides badging what is the difference on plat/limited tundra's

Im intrigued
Try this site. There you can add and remove any car or truck you want and compare them.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #20

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtlgrlie View Post
I have a 4x4 2012 Tacoma DC Shortbed....yep, the tank holds 21.1 gallons, but how many gallons are left when the LIGHT comes on??

I feel like every time I fuel her up I'm putting in over 17 gallons yet drove what felt like A LONG WAY with the light on.
Service said that there is about 2 gallons left in the tank when the light comes on.. but I wouldn't trust that. Fill her up when she gets low. hehe