Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

CNNMoney Come back of American car

Old 01-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
CNNMoney Come back of American car

http://money.cnn.com/2012/01/05/auto....htm?iid=HP_LN

Wow this is funny reading.
I am a shady tree mechanic so when I am looking at brand new car I see maintenance items, how easy is to get to them, or Parts quality. I also hear every squeak, knock and thump. Number of cup holders or number of speakers is irrelevant to me.
So either the rest of the population is getting dumber or these ratings are spoofed.
Recently I looked at few new American cars more because of curiosity then anything and OMG talking about pieces of junk.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Red face

I was brought up in a "Proud" G.M. family. Dad worked there, both brothers worked there my Uncle and brother in law too. I did not work there but always believed G.M. was the best product ever made. I believe this true up until the mid 70's then their cars went to junk. The stories I heard about the drinking and drugging on the job were almost unbelievable but true. Back then it was nearly impossible to get fired as the union was so strong. I have heard the same thing about American cars being on par with todays Japs but it would take me a lot of convincing to get me to buy another big 3 car.