Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Rav4, Highlander or 4Runner?

Old 03-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #21
JCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JCBigler's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't the new Rav4 only come in a 4cyl engine?
Old 03-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #22
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Based on that, Highlander or the Rav4. I wouldn't count out the 4-cylinder Rav4, they're pretty peppy. My girlfriend is currently looking for an AWD Rav4 and test drove a couple. I thought they rode pretty nice and had plenty of 'get up and go'. All the ones she test drove were 4 cylinders.
This.

My wife had a 96 Tacoma that was bought back. She wanted either another Tacoma or "maybe" a Rav4. We found her an 05 (in April 2008) she fell in love with. 4wd, 4 banger..just a great vehicle. If I ever wanted an SUV this would be it.

She drives mostly city and gets 23-25mpg. Only non-routine issue was the windshield wipers, which was her fault for not pulling them off the windshield when they froze. Right now it has 112k and sounds just as good as my Tacoma with 13k.

It's smaller than the other 2 you mentioned, but we fit 5 adults, coolers and a grill in it shortly after buying it. You'll be fine in that.

And yes, you can hop a curb in this beast just fine..I did but don't tell my wife!
Old 03-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #23
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Doesn't the new Rav4 only come in a 4cyl engine?
Yes. Toyota nixed the V6 option angering the members at RAV4world. There are still a fair amount of previous gen models on dealer lots if you want a V6 RAV4.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #24
ag8889 is on a distinguished road
Name: Lori
ag8889's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks y'all - appreciate all the input!
What about Lexus GX470 & LX470's (built on 4R & Land Cruiser frames if I understand correctly)? I am finding more of those avail used with 3rd row, loaded, etc. Any opinions/experience there?

The "FIND" issue is right - Can't find 4Runners w 3rd row & options I want. Land Cruisers too high mileage (130's plus) in price range.
Highlander - have to admit I don't like the drive - too "soft", too much like a car. (I know, I'm one of those "soccer/baseball moms" who doesn't like a minivan/car ride - go figure).

Thanks again in advance!
Old 03-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #25
ag8889 is on a distinguished road
Name: Lori
ag8889's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

oops ... just realized I mentioned being a "baseball mom", but my profile on the side says I am "male" - what the heck? Sorry guys!
I should really figure out how to change that. Hope I didn't weird anyone out!
From a happily married baseball MOM
Old 03-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #26
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
The GX and LX variants are nice and loaded. They are big and employ the 4.7L V8 which is an interference motor and uses a timing belt so that is something to consider. Also I wouldn't expect to get much more than 14 mpg with either model.