I am looking for a decently cheap car, that is safe for an older woman, should she be in an accident, that will not have many problems and that if it does have problem, that I can fix them myself. I consider myself to be a tree shade mechanic and I have done all work that has needed to be done in my Tacoma, Jeeps, etc.
Right now I am looking at a 2010 Honda Civic. The 4 door version. I know Honda's are good, but I have personally never owned one. I can get the car for under 10k, which would be awesome. I have done my research and cannot find much that is bad about the car, but perhaps some of you have some personal experiences which may be good or bad and can share them with me.
If you know of any car that would be good for me to buy for her, please do not hesitate to suggest it and please say why it would be a good choice.
A couple things to have in mind are:
- Price needs to be around 12k or less. I do not want to spend more than that as there are other things I pay for her.
- Car cannot be too old. I cannot count on a car that will start having problems. I do not have the time to be fixing something every month.
- Car needs to seat 4 people.
- I am still not favoring Kia's and Hyundai's much, even though I would probably would buy one if it was for me personally. just would not feel safe putting her in one.
- Car needs decent MPG. Above 30 preferably.
I know I am asking for a lot, but I will appreciate any help a lot.