Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Royal Purple?

Old 01-09-2012, 06:42 AM   #1
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Royal Purple?

Anyone use it in their Tacomas?
Old 01-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Plenty.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:48 AM   #3
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
I have it in my front and rear diff. I used it in my Lexus IS300's transmission and rear diff too. Good stuff.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECGS View Post
Don't use royal purple ever under any circumstance!!! Likely the worst gear oil ever made. 15k diffs with royal purple look like they have 200k on them. It thins out and provides no gear cushioning and does not control heat.
This^
Old 01-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #5
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Did the quoted person realize you have to include an LSD additive for use in the differential?
Old 01-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #6
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
He's Chase from East Coast Gear Supply.. he knows all there is to know!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #7
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Did the quoted person realize you have to include an LSD additive for use in the differential?
The additive has nothing to do with what Chase at East Coast Gear Supply is trying to say. Besides that point..I'm sure he knows what he is saying when it comes diff fluid and gears. Maybe you should visit eastcoastgearsupply.com
Old 01-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #8
Sounds Gooooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
The additive has nothing to do with what Chase at East Coast Gear Supply is trying to say. Besides that point..I'm sure he knows what he is saying when it comes diff fluid and gears. Maybe you should visit eastcoastgearsupply.com
Didn't realize he was a vendor specializing in all things gears. I certainly hope he knows what he's talking about lol

Personally, I've run it in two different vehicles and never had a problem. In fact, the IS300 had gear changing issues and when I switched to Royal Purple there was a noticeable improvement in shifting.

Not sure if I'm just lucky or I'm doing something more right than most but I'm curious now; what DOES ECGS recommend?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #9
Never take the bait

Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECGS View Post
Lucas 85w140 Dyno oil. Do not waste your money on synthetics in Ring and pinion applications. Amsoil and Mobil 1 likely have no negative effect that we can see but no gain and you pay for it.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #10
Sounds Gooooood

Lovely....+rep added. Maybe next gear oil change
Old 01-09-2012, 08:15 AM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I use spicy brown mustard in my diffs. It clings to the gears.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #12
Never take the bait

Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Lovely....+rep added. Maybe next gear oil change
I try to be helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I use spicy brown mustard in my diffs. It clings to the gears.
Haha.. yum