Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

2012 Midsize Truck Shootout

Old 01-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Midsize Truck Shootout

Guess who won??

http://special-reports.pickuptrucks....t-results.html
Old 01-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
In fact, the Canyon was slower empty than the Tacoma was at maximum payload.
Hahahahahahah!
Old 01-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'd really like to see Ford step up to the plate with a new ranger. I think they have a really bad ass model overseas that has a turbo diesel in it too. If they took notes from the Tacoma and did their own version I think it would be awesome. I mean let's be honest, they make the best selling truck in the world and have for over a decade. They clearly know something about trucks; just need to put that knowledge in the smaller segment too.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #4
himmy33 is on a distinguished road

himmy33's Tacoma Gallery
Suzuki out of nowhere! lol. good for them
Old 01-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Hahahahahahah!
Old 01-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #6
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I'd really like to see Ford step up to the plate with a new ranger. I think they have a really bad ass model overseas that has a turbo diesel in it too. If they took notes from the Tacoma and did their own version I think it would be awesome. I mean let's be honest, they make the best selling truck in the world and have for over a decade. They clearly know something about trucks; just need to put that knowledge in the smaller segment too.
i thought they stopped making the ranger because they donít sell as many as they would like to.? or am i wrong? at least in the US
Old 01-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Taco for the win!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #8
Reads more than posts
sofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
sofiasdad11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
EXACTLY..........the F-150 is a proven winner. one theory as to why ford doesn't evolve the ranger to excel is that they feel it may lessen sales of their full-size line-up, as strange as that sounds. but last place, come on. ford should be embarrassed. the Tacoma is the F-150 of mid and smaller size trucks (proven record, dominant in sales and performance)...........wait, the F-150 is the full-size version of THE TOYOTA TOCOMA
Old 01-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #10
Sounds Gooooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by himmy33 View Post
Suzuki out of nowhere! lol. good for them
Considering it's a rebadged Frontier it's not that far fetched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
i thought they stopped making the ranger because they donít sell as many as they would like to.? or am i wrong? at least in the US
The 2011 Ranger (overseas) has a 3.2-liter inline-five-cylinder diesel with 346 pounds-feet of torque. You jelly?

Old 01-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The Ranger isn't even a mid size.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #12
GO VOLS!

Quote:
The 2011 Ranger (overseas) has a 3.2-liter inline-five-cylinder diesel with 346 pounds-feet of torque. You jelly?

no not at all. 1) i have had sh*t that look nicer! and 2) i like the Hilux better!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #13
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
WInner winner chicken dinner go taco
Old 01-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #14
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Did anyone notice who is making the Suzuki? Take a look at #4 & #2 pics again. Looks like a Nissan & Suzuki are same truck. Just like the colorado and the GMC.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #15
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Did anyone notice who is making the Suzuki? Take a look at #4 & #2 pics again. Looks like a Nissan & Suzuki are same truck. Just like the colorado and the GMC.
Old news. Nissan makes it and Suzuki puts their emblems on it.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #16
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
"The frontier didn't win a single challenge" lol
Old 01-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #17
SeŮor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to see the Tacoma's torque curve that they are comparing to the V8. It's probably the reason why Toyota left it alone and not make it dual vvti.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #18
Sounds Gooooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
.....I don't even know why I bother posting
Old 01-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #19
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I disagree.

Seem like Ford can only claim the #1 Truck selling series b/c of the amount of different vehicles listed under "F___" F150, F250, F350 up to F750....all get put under the same "series"

When you have like 10 different trucks listed in one category, it gets pretty easy to claim the #1 selling series. Also consider how many of these trucks get purchased and used for "Fleet" service.

None of that with Toyota....a Tacoma is a Tacoma is a Tacoma.

Ford makes crap, they will continue to make crap....wanna talk about some kind of Ford quality and them knowing how to build a truck...HELLO...FRAMES BENDING...does not say "Hey, we sure as hell know what we're doing"...maybe it's just me, I dunno.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #20
shampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud ofshampoop has much to be proud of
shampoop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I disagree.

Seem like Ford can only claim the #1 Truck selling series b/c of the amount of different vehicles listed under "F___" F150, F250, F350 up to F750....all get put under the same "series"

When you have like 10 different trucks listed in one category, it gets pretty easy to claim the #1 selling series. Also consider how many of these trucks get purchased and used for "Fleet" service.

None of that with Toyota....a Tacoma is a Tacoma is a Tacoma.

Ford makes crap, they will continue to make crap....wanna talk about some kind of Ford quality and them knowing how to build a truck...HELLO...FRAMES BENDING...does not say "Hey, we sure as hell know what we're doing"...maybe it's just me, I dunno.
I remember specifically hearing that for something like most of the last 30 years the F150 has been the best selling single vehicle in america.