Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

CBR600. F4i or RR?

Old 01-25-2012, 06:01 AM   #1
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
CBR600. F4i or RR?

I had a 07 RR wish I never sold it. Talked to wife and going to buy another one.

Want to buy outright so 4k tops not looking for best of as that's around 6k

Found this one what you guys think?

Looks clean!

http://louisville.craigslist.org/mcy/2779673174.html

Part of me wants to wait as I want a RR but this one looks so clean....
Old 01-25-2012, 06:07 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Why do you want the RR? The RR will be a little more high strung and have more of a racing style seating position. The F4i will have plenty of snot and handling for the road. I'm only asking because if you're settling just because this one is available, then I'd agree with your wige and say wait to find what you want. If you drive the F4i and it seems comparable to your old F4i and like it, then go for it
Old 01-25-2012, 06:14 AM   #4
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I had a RR and seriously the only reason I want the RR is the exhaust comes out te back looks smoother and I love that!!

Never rode a f4i I have had 2 Rrs
Old 01-25-2012, 06:19 AM   #5
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
It's gonna be softer than an RR. Like Pugga said, though, it's got a lot of snot and handling for the road. If you wanna scrape knees better then go for the RR. Thought you could get an aftermarket for the F4i that brings the pipe under the seat, too? M'eh. After the RR's, the F4i might disappoint you.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:22 AM   #6
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
It's gonna be softer than an RR. Like Pugga said, though, it's got a lot of snot and handling for the road. If you wanna scrape knees better then go for the RR. Thought you could get an aftermarket for the F4i that brings the pipe under the seat, too? M'eh. After the RR's, the F4i might disappoint you.
My thoughts exactly, I went from a CBR to a Katana and it was a big shocker. I was used to really being able to flick the CBR into a corner and the first time I tried with the Katana almost ended in disaster (suspension was much softer on the Kat). I made the switch because I wanted a bike to put miles on more comfortably and still have some guts so in the end I'm happy with the new bike, just have to be more careful. If you really liked the RR, drive the F4i but I think you might be disappointed like Carcharias said.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:37 AM   #7
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
My thoughts exactly, I went from a CBR to a Katana and it was a big shocker. I was used to really being able to flick the CBR into a corner and the first time I tried with the Katana almost ended in disaster (suspension was much softer on the Kat). I made the switch because I wanted a bike to put miles on more comfortably and still have some guts so in the end I'm happy with the new bike, just have to be more careful. If you really liked the RR, drive the F4i but I think you might be disappointed like Carcharias said.
Right on the money. Katana's are sweet, though. Always wanted one since I was a kid. Ride safe, guys!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:58 AM   #8
Yeah maybe I'll stick it out for the RR LOVED it!

I figured the f4i would be close to the same though just hate the side exhaust lol

First mod is two brothers exhaust lol
Old 01-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #9

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter500ky View Post
Yeah maybe I'll stick it out for the RR LOVED it!

I figured the f4i would be close to the same though just hate the side exhaust lol

First mod is two brothers exhaust lol
You could tweak the suspension and get the foot peg relocating kit for an F4i and it would be pretty damn close to the RR (for street riding purposes). The side exhaust might be your deal breaker (plus tweaking suspensions and those foot peg relocation kits are $$$).
Old 01-25-2012, 07:16 AM   #10
Dumb as it sounds I think the exhaust is a deal breaker I just think its so slick
Old 01-25-2012, 07:37 AM   #11
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
I had an f2, upgraded to a ZX6R, and I will never go back to a sport, super sports are the only way to go... I 'feel' so much more with the more aggressive seating position, and its a lot easier to keep the bike 'under' you.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #12
Just stumbled on this one. Emailed him the basics and why the fender is cracked

http://bloomington.craigslist.org/mcy/2816982526.html
Old 01-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #13

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter500ky View Post
Just stumbled on this one. Emailed him the basics and why the fender is cracked

http://bloomington.craigslist.org/mcy/2816982526.html
Do want
Old 01-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #14
Guy sold it

Going to keep lookin!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #16
dtaco06 is a jewel in the roughdtaco06 is a jewel in the roughdtaco06 is a jewel in the roughdtaco06 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Danny
dtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
I love my F4i, plenty of power and super flickable. There's a couple threads floating around from guys that did an undertail exhaust conversion if that's seriously your only problem, but they look like more trouble than they're worth. The RRs are nice looking too. I doubt I'll ever move past a 600 SS, so either the RR or the ZX6r are in the running for my next upgrade.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #17
Space For Rent
Bloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EN3 (SW/AW) 94-98
Name: Greg
Bloodhound's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a '06 CBR1000RR I'm looking to sell if you might be interested...little bit higher than what you're looking to spend but probably the same price as most 600's you've been eye-balling.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #18
Info and price?
Old 01-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #19
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Why dont you get something that looks sexy as hell, rides wonderfully, and wont make it feel like your balls are chillin against a wooden plank?

Edit: NVm, i say the 4k limit. I managed to snag mine for 5.3, but most generally run 6. Oh well, my bad
Old 01-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #20
Everyone has their opinion that bike is not sexy to me....