LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S AE86

Old 01-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
808TRDTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S AE86

So my Uncle has this AE86 that he doesn't use anymore and he wants to sell it. From what I've researched so far this particular model seems to be a pretty rare car. I was wondering roughly about how much can he expect to make if he can find a buyer?

A few details about the car:

- 157,xxx miles
- Original 4A-GE engine, etc. Only thing that isn't original is the paint. He repainted it several years ago with the same color that it was originally (grey and black)
- Completely stock
- Interior is in pretty good condition, but the seats look kinda dirty and they are torn in places.
- The "new" paint is in kinda rough shape in my opinion. A few places where rust has perforated (is that the word?)

He used it for work :face palm: that's why some parts of it aren't in wonderful condition. We were thinking of selling it through Craigslist. I have worked out deals through there as a buyer and seller a few times but nothing as expensive as this.

Any help would be appreciated!

(Pics will come later)
Old 01-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
Have you thought about registering on a forum for those cars? Might be a good place to post a classified ad since they'll be willing to pay more for those cars than any average joe.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808TRDTaco10 View Post
So my Uncle has this AE86 that he doesn't use anymore and he wants to sell it. From what I've researched so far this particular model seems to be a pretty rare car. I was wondering roughly about how much can he expect to make if he can find a buyer?

A few details about the car:

- 157,xxx miles
- Original 4A-GE engine, etc. Only thing that isn't original is the paint. He repainted it several years ago with the same color that it was originally (grey and black)
- Completely stock
- Interior is in pretty good condition, but the seats look kinda dirty and they are torn in places.
- The "new" paint is in kinda rough shape in my opinion. A few places where rust has perforated (is that the word?)

He used it for work that's why some parts of it aren't in wonderful condition. We were thinking of selling it through Craigslist. I have worked out deals through there as a buyer and seller a few times but nothing as expensive as this.

Any help would be appreciated!

(Pics will come later)
fixed..

what does KBB say
Old 01-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know how rare necessarily but it is highly coveted & sought after tho. RWD drift tuner whip.........
Old 01-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
I sold 2 cars on Craigslist it's a pain in the ass lots of calls, no shows and lowballers but when the right buyer comes along its over quick and smoothly usually.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #6
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
just found this
http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...s-168378.html?
Old 01-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #7
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
Is it a hatch or a coupe? Hatches generally go for more money because of demand for them. Could you post a picture of it? With out seeing it, and if its a hatch i think it would be fair to say atleast 3500. They are getting harder to come by. I sold a rolling 1985 gt-s hatch shell for 3600. So it just depends on who is interested. An enthusiast will obviously pay more than the 16 year old girl across the street just loojung for a car to drive.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #8
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty 06 4x4 View Post
Yeah, it's definitely in worse shape than this one.

I'll see if I can get any input from one of the AE86 forums also. He originally wanted $5k for it but given how sought after it is I think $5k is asking too little. I put up a feeler on Craigslist asking $12k for it just to see how many responses I get, if any. We'll see. Any other opinions/input?
Old 01-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
Black Sand Mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueitrgsr View Post
Is it a hatch or a coupe? Hatches generally go for more money because of demand for them. Could you post a picture of it? With out seeing it, and if its a hatch i think it would be fair to say atleast 3500. They are getting harder to come by. I sold a rolling 1985 gt-s hatch shell for 3600. So it just depends on who is interested. An enthusiast will obviously pay more than the 16 year old girl across the street just loojung for a car to drive.
It's a hatch. When I get home I'll find a few pics on my computer to post here.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #11
JStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuy
JStradaXR's Tacoma Gallery
Here my suggestions, might be little harsh but this is only from experience.

I don't think no one will pay 12k to daily drive that or drive it all... It has rust it has to be fixed to be an original collector. There are two audience for these cars.

One is all my ricer buddies. They're not going to pay 12 k why, because they're going to strip it to pieces to make it drift ready. My friend for instance bought one for 2500 with 220k miles. Tore it apart, did engine work and suspension work and was still under 12 k

Secondly a car collector will fix it, for example paint, find all the rust etc... As stated again they'd rather find a beat up ae86 and restore it and still be around 12 k

There's two buyers for those cars 1 drifters / racers.. 2 collector.

No one will pay 12 k and leave that car as it sits they're going to put money it.

I didn't mean to sound rude or anything I could be wrong but this is from my experience...
Old 01-26-2012, 12:09 AM   #12
Black Sand Mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStradaXR View Post
Here my suggestions, might be little harsh but this is only from experience.

I don't think no one will pay 12k to daily drive that or drive it all... It has rust it has to be fixed to be an original collector. There are two audience for these cars.

One is all my ricer buddies. They're not going to pay 12 k why, because they're going to strip it to pieces to make it drift ready. My friend for instance bought one for 2500 with 220k miles. Tore it apart, did engine work and suspension work and was still under 12 k

Secondly a car collector will fix it, for example paint, find all the rust etc... As stated again they'd rather find a beat up ae86 and restore it and still be around 12 k

There's two buyers for those cars 1 drifters / racers.. 2 collector.

No one will pay 12 k and leave that car as it sits they're going to put money it.

I didn't mean to sound rude or anything I could be wrong but this is from my experience...
Thanks and I appreciate your input man. Yeah, I had a feeling that $12k was asking a bit too much. The absolute lowest my uncle is willing to sell it for is still $5k. Hopefully someone is willing to buy it before we are forced to go that low though.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:17 AM   #13
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Keep it in the family and fix it up.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:21 AM   #14
JStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks and I appreciate your input man. Yeah, I had a feeling that $12k was asking a bit too much. The absolute lowest my uncle is willing to sell it for is still $5k. Hopefully someone is willing to buy it before we are forced to go that low though.

5 k i think is just about right because it's in better condition than the ones that sell for 2-3 k

Engine swap it! Strip the interior! Cage it! Drift it!
Old 01-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #15

It's funny this came up because I almost pulled the trigger on one the other day.

Check out these pictures this is what I'm hoping to build it to... It'll probably take me time but it'll get there
Old 01-26-2012, 03:53 AM   #16
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStradaXR View Post
5 k i think is just about right because it's in better condition than the ones that sell for 2-3 k

Engine swap it! Strip the interior! Cage it! Drift it!
yeah x2 on that. 5K is a fair price, 6.5K tops imho. its in pretty decent condition but no way your gonna see over 4 digits on this one.

just keep it and throw a 20v in there
Old 01-26-2012, 03:56 AM   #17
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't really seen one of these lately to remember how large those rear side windows are. Still a badass timeless cool ride.............when done up. I would agree on the 5k for the OP car being about right for it's shape and potential.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #18
Black Sand Mirror

lol you guys are really making me want to keep it for myself.

Only thing is it would take a bit of work to fix it up myself and honestly the hardest thing I've done with a car to date is an oil change We'll see what happens though...
Old 01-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #19

Quote:
lol you guys are really making me want to keep it for myself.

Only thing is it would take a bit of work to fix it up myself and honestly the hardest thing I've done with a car to date is an oil change We'll see what happens though...

Hey we all start off at one point. Back in the day all I knew was too change the tires but now after tears of trial and error and getting my hands dirty I know the ins and outs of my vehicle....
Old 01-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #20
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
I would almost kill to have a pristine GT-s AE86. Awesome track/drift cars.