Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

What are the most annoying features in any vehicle you have driven?

Old 01-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
What are the most annoying features in any vehicle you have driven?

I'm sure there are other threads like this, but I couldn't find any if they do indeed exist.

GM vehicles seem to include a lot of useless features that I hate. One of the most annoying is the way the radio stays on after you turn the ignition off, until you open the door. WTF?

Or door locks that require pushing the unlock button on the remote twice to unlock the rear doors. If I ever meet the twerp who thought of that brilliant idea, umma smack him one upside the lip.

What else?
Old 01-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
The beep sound when the key is in the ignition and door open.

Stupid retarded doors that lock when you hit 15mph (my moms F250), then stay locked even after you stop. Every single time I try to open the passenger door it's locked, makes me angry!!

Electronic 4x4 switch

the absence of a nice clock, most american cars seem to not have a clock in them.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Low tire pressure light.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Also the absence of an oil pressure gauge.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
The fact that I have to buy gas.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #6
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
My old Tacoma's squeaks. So glad i don't have those anymore!!

But on a more serious not because that wasn't a "feature," I would have to say the auto dimming mirror on that truck would sometimes make it too dark to see anything behind me.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Rear doors automatic locks or any auto locks for that matter

Chryslers had thoes stupid keys for a few years, where the whole fob is the key. Actually coundnt start a rental.

Corvette has low tire pressure lights, it has been in the garage with storage insurance so whenever i warm it up it keeps chiming.

Any chiming for doors, seatbelts, lights ect of any kind

Mirrors that ajust down when your backing up, but are broken so they dont re ajust back to the set level

I like all power options and detailed data reports but hate any alarms, auto locks, warnings. If i want to turn something on ill do it myself.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #8
Lgs79 is on a distinguished road
Name: Luis
Lgs79's Tacoma Gallery
Low gear beep
Old 02-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #9
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
On the new accord coupe's, when you shut the car off the driver side door unlocks, but the passenger side doesn't. And the locking feature at 9mph. I like my tacoma's locking mechanism
Old 02-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #10
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
everytime i get on the free way i fully expect my hood to fly off it shakes so much
Old 02-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #11
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Previous truck was a Chevy S10 5-speed and it had a light in the gauge cluster that would tell you when the best time to shift up was. It was nice for about 2 weeks then it was a pain and when I pulled the bulb I found out that the speedo lights went out with the bulb out so I had to put it back in. I put a piece of electric tape over it but it still aggravated me to no ends especially when I was towing and had to keep it in 4th.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #12
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
You know alot of the things y'all are complaining about can be changed read the owners manual. Or take to the dealer an have them adjust the personal settings I do it all the time. Use to work for Lexus now Honda
Old 02-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #13
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
When my lexus's speed limiter kicks on at 150
Old 02-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #14
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
seatbelt and door chimes/beeps/buzzers. just let me drive the damn vehicle!
Old 02-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #15
Colossians 3:2
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWA View Post
I'm sure there are other threads like this, but I couldn't find any if they do indeed exist.

GM vehicles seem to include a lot of useless features that I hate. One of the most annoying is the way the radio stays on after you turn the ignition off, until you open the door. WTF?

Or door locks that require pushing the unlock button on the remote twice to unlock the rear doors. If I ever meet the twerp who thought of that brilliant idea, umma smack him one upside the lip.

What else?
My dad's 2007 Ford F-150 does that too. I like it. Several times after having driven his truck somewhere I'll just sit in the truck and listen to a song in the parking lot or a football game and I don't want to waste fuel.

On-Star kinda creeps me out though.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #16
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Chevy Equinox comes from the factory with door locks that lock automatically when put in gear. I'm okay with that. Except you can't program it off.

You can program whether or not they unlock when put in park. I turned that feature off on my mom's Equinox. Kind of a dumb move that a woman's car will automatically unlock before she's even turned off the engine. Safety, anyone?

Now that the auto unlock is turned off, there are only two ways to unlock the car to get out. The manual lock buttons are recessed and can't be pulled up. You have to pull the door handle once to unlock, then again to open the door. OR you can use the power lock switch located in the center of the dash, buried in the mess that they call the radio and AC controls.

The trunk does not unlock with the driver's door now either. Have to use the remote or the button under the radio, which is damn hard to reach from outside the vehicle. Why the hell isn't it located on the door next to the window and mirror switches?

Also, the Tacoma's stability alarm that goes off when I bump a curb.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #17
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWA View Post

What else?
I have to push the unlock button twice to unlock the passenger door on my Tacoma. I hate it.

As someone else said, mirrors that adjust down when you back up. (New Durangos)

No actual 4WD switch in a lot of the AWD vehicles made today.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #18
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
The fasten seat belt chime when I turn the truck on.

Haha! Suckers. My Astrostart automatically unlocks both doors when I hit the button. ;P
Old 02-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #19
Colossians 3:2
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
Last night when I was driving my mom's 1st gen Sequoia I swerved a little bit for fun (that thing steers more like a car than a truck) and the traction control thing started beeping at me.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #20
Holyfather is on a distinguished road
Holyfather's Tacoma Gallery
The stupid traction control alarm that said I'm going to swerve off the road and crash every time I hit some wash boards or slide on ice.