Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

30 second headlight foggy fix

Old 01-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
stump thumper
ruler1 is a jewel in the roughruler1 is a jewel in the roughruler1 is a jewel in the rough
ruler1's Tacoma Gallery
30 second headlight foggy fix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZB91...ature=youtu.be

I did not think it was that easy.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Was that brake cleaner?!
Old 01-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
stump thumper
ruler1 is a jewel in the roughruler1 is a jewel in the roughruler1 is a jewel in the rough
ruler1's Tacoma Gallery
I know, right?
Old 02-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #4
Psycho2 is on a distinguished road
Psycho2's Tacoma Gallery
Confirm?

Has anybody tried this? As brake cleaner is generally a very strong dissolving compound, I'd hate to try this on my lights, only to have them be ruined.

The lights on my 1997 Saturn are like looking through stained glass - some light gets through, but it's just useless for visibility.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #5
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
It may work but for how long? If you get cheapo plastic polish it looks great for a day or two then clouds back over.
I went the wetsand/polish/lamin-x route on my old prelude. Worked awesome and stayed clear for the 2 years until I sold it.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #6
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8m2kaGcEBM
Old 02-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #7
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
If brake cleaner does that... I'm in. Who'll try it first?!
Old 02-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylandigirolamo View Post
If brake cleaner does that... I'm in. Who'll try it first?!
Hell, I'll try it. Just need to get some brake clean first..
Old 02-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #9
1998tacomaowner is on a distinguished road
Name: chris
1998tacomaowner's Tacoma Gallery
i used rubbing compound it worked great
Old 02-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998tacomaowner View Post
i used rubbing compound it worked great
I used that also, but the shit came back. The sun bakes the crap out of them out here...
Old 02-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #11
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for results from Chris

You all do understand, if it is this easy, the world of cleaning headlights completely changes?

Old 02-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #13
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
brake fluid will work. I used it to clean up my fenders.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #14
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส

dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
^ but will it do it to plastic with haze?
Old 02-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #15
TRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to behold

TRDChris's Tacoma Gallery
I have always cleaned my headlights with brake cleaner and it works only if your headlights aren't too hazy. CAREFUL not to put to much because it will dissolve your headlights and make them look nasty!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #16
TRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to behold

Brake fluid works better actually imo
Old 02-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #17

Used to much brake cleaner and it cracked and took off the shine off of my third brake light
Attached Thumbnails
30 second headlight foggy fix-third-brake-light.jpg  
Old 02-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #18
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส

dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
^^ yea I wouldn't do that.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylandigirolamo View Post
^^ yea I wouldn't do that.
lol lesson learned.....Got a new one off a truck at a junkyard that was brand new for 3 bucks
Old 02-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #20
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
So no one's attempted this yet?