Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

no more tacoma :(

Old 01-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
Because Tacos are too mainstream...and Im poor.
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
TheMrGExperience's Tacoma Gallery
no more tacoma :(

well after a turn of recent events i no longer have the beautiful taylor and i'm limited to about 3 grand to get a new truck. needless to say i wont be getting another taco anytime soon bc they start at about 5k so i must make do

what yall think about this jeep? its 2k and is a 5speed with a chevy 4.3 v6 with a 3inch lift and 33s EDIT: oh and its 4x4

Old 01-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
If it's a 4WD, that's a good deal. For reference, XJ's never came with a 4.3, but if it came with a GM 2.8, then a 4.3 is considered a VERY nice upgrade, so long as it was done correctly.

Good luck!
Old 01-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yea its a 4x4. he doesnt know the mileage but it was only used for hunting since the engine swap so im assuming its low. How dependable is the 4.3? I know its just the 5.7 minus 2 cylinders and but that sounds kinda shitty honestly
Old 01-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
have you considered looking at pretaco 80's or 90's 4x4 pikcups or even 4runners. the 22r and 22res are bulletproof motors and in that price range.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikbean562 View Post
have you considered looking at pretaco 80's or 90's 4x4 pikcups or even 4runners. the 22r and 22res are bulletproof motors and in that price range.
That's what I was going to suggest as well, I think you'll find something more reliable if you go pre-taco Toyota rather than a Jeep
Old 01-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #6

yea i have for about 2 months now and i found a few but the closest was 2 states away. I found an 89 about half an hour away but its floor has holes in it and over 400k miles
Old 01-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #7
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
I suggest you get a pre taco too and as others have said, the 22re is one of the best Toyota motors imo
Old 01-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #9

it'll take half the money i have getting there lol
Old 01-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #10
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
If you decide on the Jeep/GM make sure there is no water in the oil they were famous for leaking intake manifolds and if it has been driven with water/antifreeze in the sump it will take out the bearings.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #11
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Keep looking--pre tacos are GREAT- look left(avatar) just cannot seem to remove it.
Truck was TOUGH AS NAILS. Drove the piss out of it. Needed some BODY work-so I sold it. 190K ran great, would take that truck ANYWHERE!!
Old 01-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #12
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I would also make sure you can smog something like that in your area.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #13
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineah View Post
If you decide on the Jeep/GM make sure there is no water in the oil they were famous for leaking intake manifolds and if it has been driven with water/antifreeze in the sump it will take out the bearings.
yup, mom's 350 suburban had the Intake manifold start leaking at 100k.

I think the smaller v6 had the same issue like you said.

I too would hold out for a toyota, that heep is going to be anything but reliable.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoTacoma View Post
whatcha mean?
Old 01-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #15
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I know in some areas it is difficult to smog vehicles with swapped motors that are not offered from the factory
Old 01-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #16
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
He lives in LA, I don't think they care about emissions there
Old 01-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #17
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
Quote:
HAHAHAHA!

No smog considerations in the south! Trust me, not every place is like CA/NV/CO...
Old 01-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMrGExperience View Post
yea its a 4x4. he doesnt know the mileage but it was only used for hunting since the engine swap so im assuming its low. How dependable is the 4.3? I know its just the 5.7 minus 2 cylinders and but that sounds kinda shitty honestly
I can't help more. I had two XJ's and loved them both, but they had the post '97 4.0's, so they were INDESTRUCTIBLE.

GLWB!
Old 01-30-2012, 09:47 PM   #19

Quote:
I know in some areas it is difficult to smog vehicles with swapped motors that are not offered from the factory
yea we dont have emissions laws out here haha. i got a buddy with a 7.3 gas engine w/ almost no air filter, 4 barrel carb and straight pipes and they just drool at it when he gets his tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
I can't help more. I had two XJ's and loved them both, but they had the post '97 4.0's, so they were INDESTRUCTIBLE.

GLWB!
well besides the possible leak mentioned earlier, the 4.3L seems to be pretty reliable from what Ive read. I think I may put a taco 4.0L in there in a few years haha. I'm def going to enjoy that solid front axle no matter what engine though! thanks for the help!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:57 AM   #20
2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
2004TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
I am/used to be a big Jeep enthusiast, and those Cherokee XJs are great little 4x4s, I have seen them really take a beating! You should like it, besides, 2 doors are getting really rare so you may come to appriciate it!