LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

suzuki's new truck

Old 12-04-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
suzuki's new truck

Never heard of this until now. More competition for the tacoma?

http://www.suzukiauto.com/shopping_t...php?modelID=44
Old 12-04-2008, 07:37 PM   #2
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
Never heard of this until now. More competition for the tacoma?

http://www.suzukiauto.com/shopping_t...php?modelID=44
ha theres no such thing as competition in the class that the Tacomas are in
Old 12-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #4
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
ha theres no such thing as competition in the class that the Tacomas are in

So true. Nothing like a Tacoma. Best truck ever!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #5
robo-ninja
edwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to all

edwinalink's Tacoma Gallery
^x2.

but if it has a chain driven accessory belt(suzuki likes to do chains over rubber belts...IME) on a new engine... might be worth a test drive... but i'd never buy it!
Old 12-04-2008, 08:22 PM   #6
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think a tacoma and a frontier got a little frisky together.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:28 PM   #7
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Never would touch that... however, the do have 4 disc breaks.. I don't see how Toyota is still on the ancient drums in the rear but it baffles me. The cost to do disc in the rear vs. drums cant be that big of a deal breaker.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:51 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
Dont think so! At least not with that ugly grill lol!
Old 12-05-2008, 01:54 AM   #9
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
There are no prices .

And it gets worse MPG .
Old 12-05-2008, 02:44 AM   #10
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Tough new name - The Equator -
Old 12-05-2008, 05:38 AM   #11
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
ugly!
Old 12-05-2008, 05:57 AM   #12

There's other websites about it. It's stats make it look like its a tacoma clone. 4.0L V6, towing capacity of 6500lbs, locking rear, etc. I'll just be really interested to see its msrp and good reviews once it becomes more common.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:52 PM   #13
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
Never would touch that... however, the do have 4 disc breaks.. I don't see how Toyota is still on the ancient drums in the rear but it baffles me. The cost to do disc in the rear vs. drums cant be that big of a deal breaker.
i heard about the drum brakes in the back is Toyota put those on the truck because....1. Their heavier than disc brakes 2. they can stand the conditions better and less maintenance 3. And i believe better stopping power with heavy loads.... Oh and cost. This guy at my High School had a Frontier and it was raining and he gave a little bit of gas and the back end just got away from him and went into a 20 foot ditch. My friends told me, If it was on the PAssenger side... He would've been dead.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:55 PM   #14
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
There's other websites about it. It's stats make it look like its a tacoma clone. 4.0L V6, towing capacity of 6500lbs, locking rear, etc. I'll just be really interested to see its msrp and good reviews once it becomes more common.
The only thing i see that Suzuki is good at making is their sport motorcycles..... if you look at all of their vehicles they all look like a half blind 4 year old drew them..... thats my opinion though.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #15
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinalink View Post
^x2.

but if it has a chain driven accessory belt(suzuki likes to do chains over rubber belts...IME) on a new engine... might be worth a test drive... but i'd never buy it!
like the chain driven pulleys?
Old 12-05-2008, 09:58 PM   #16
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Isn't it just a rebadged Frontier? I read that somewhere, but can't recall at the moment.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:28 PM   #18
robo-ninja
edwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
like the chain driven pulleys?
do i like them? is that what your asking?

i dont really know, just want to see if theres a differance from the frontier.

i saw a bunch of chains on the front of a friends vitara. and they said all suzukis have them.

if theres a benefit from them, i wouldnt know!
Old 12-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #19
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Its just a re badged Nissan Frontier:
http://www.popularmechanics.com/blog...s/4248178.html

only thing different is the body and a few options. All Nissan Drive Trian, frame, dam near EVERYTHING. And it STILL is ugly as shit.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #20
robo-ninja

personally i think its ugly as poo... shit is edgy, extreme.

poo is boring. but smells just as bad.