2008 BMW 750i 1 4.55%
2008 BMW M5 - good deal with new design next year 8 36.36%
2008 BMW 650i/M6 3 13.64%
2010 Audi A7 Hatch 4door 3 13.64%
None, post below. 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Newer luxury choices/BMW SMG Trans

If you could choose a 2008-2010 Luxury European car for $35-$45k your choice would be......

Getting my dad a new car, selling Corvette this spring.
Also discuss the BMW SMG amtomatic clutch transmission on the M

Looking for a lease return in Phoenix.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Audi A7

BMW M6

BMW M5

BMW 750i

Old 02-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I'm digging the M5/M6. Gotta love that V10 sound.

I have no personal experience with SMG's but I think they are a pretty cool option for someone that doesn't want a manual. Launch control looks like a lot of fun.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Audi RS-6 without a doubt
Old 02-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
BMW M3 would be nice..
Old 02-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #7
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
M6 hands down.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #8
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
You do not want an m5 the 2008-2010 model was terrible my father and i test drove one at a track in germany and the car doesn't have the handling or driving characteristics of a v10 it sound like it has a v6 and the electronic gear box shift way to much (on its own). It is also far to complicated with the idrive and start control features.....by the time you figure everything out every time you get in the car you've been sitting there for 10 minutes. Finally the performance of the stock m5 in the time frame is abysmal compared to m5s of past and their are lots of mechanical/electrical glitches that would make the car annoying as a DD. Personally I would get the a7 or the m6 the cars are much more put together and overall are a better driving and performance experience than the m5 (of these years). As for the 750i its a nice car but certainly in a different category and the performance is not near as good.....Despite 1/3 more curb weight around 4500 lbs compared to 3000 lbs in the m5 or m6 the horsepower is nearly half (315hp) that of the m5 or m6 (584hp) It is very luxurious (even compared to the other cars in this comparison) but is not a performance car in any shape or form shifts are slow and the sport mode is essentially useless.

If you weren't set on these cars I would look at 2008-9+ mercedes s63, s65, and smaller e63 AMGs as well as the cls65 (coupe) AMG. Also the audi RS5 (very comparable to the m6 is usually cheaper and has more luxurious amenities) and if you are looking more at sedans give the RS6 which is more performance oriented than the a7 (as it is specced with a twin turbo v10 vs the supercharged v8)

Sorry for the long post and I hope this helps I have experience with lots of these cars so please feel free to get back to me with more questions.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #9
Out fer a Rip eh Bud

We were actually only looking at luxury cars, 750i. Then a M5 came up for sale, got to thinking. Just been wathcing a bunch of youtube clips of a M5/6 beating a Lambo, ferrari, R8, Gt500 ect. Hard to resist.

I have a dealership updating us when new inventory comes available and a lease return consultant too. Im going to take a look at the m5/6 at the local dealership and see which one I like more. Hopfully will be in the next 2 months if the price and miles are right.

My favorite is the 2010 Mercedies ClS550 or Cls63 amg, just a little out of price range, wouldnt buy pre 2010 model. Ill check the RS5 too. A 2010 A7 jsut came back from a lease, sold for $34k. Thats how i got interest in that.

Ill post up here if i have anyother questions.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Not sure what size vehicle you are looking for but I like the RS4 as well.

I love this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBkX8GS5FoY

Can you hear it?
Old 02-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #11
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

just a fair warning the maintenance on any of those cars is going to be 3-4x more than the vette.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #12
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ERS TACOMA View Post
We were actually only looking at luxury cars, 750i. Then a M5 came up for sale, got to thinking. Just been wathcing a bunch of youtube clips of a M5/6 beating a Lambo, ferrari, R8, Gt500 ect. Hard to resist.

I have a dealership updating us when new inventory comes available and a lease return consultant too. Im going to take a look at the m5/6 at the local dealership and see which one I like more. Hopfully will be in the next 2 months if the price and miles are right.

My favorite is the 2010 Mercedies ClS550 or Cls63 amg, just a little out of price range, wouldnt buy pre 2010 model. Ill check the RS5 too. A 2010 A7 jsut came back from a lease, sold for $34k. Thats how i got interest in that.

Ill post up here if i have anyother questions.
Great, I will be here!!! Definitely look as the RS5, RS6, and S8 (they are a bit hard to find) all great cars. Mercedes s63 and s65 are definitely the best in the production saloon category and certainly worth a look (if you can find one in your $ range). However if you like the m5 alot (which you seem to) I would consider looking at the B7 Alpina (they are extremely rare (essentially a m7). meaning you may have to go beyond you dealer). Its spec usually include a biturbo v12 and is probably the most unique/different production saloon if that matters.

Also on a different note if you are looking at AWD the only cars available in such drive configurations are the B7 Alpina... and all of the audi models except the A7.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #14

Because the rest of us won't get to live vicariously through him
Old 02-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #15
Out fer a Rip eh Bud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Why don't you just take him down and let him pick what he likes after the test drive .
We've already looked at a bunch, taken the test drive, set up the connections ect. Just looking to get some more reviews and possibilites. Open to a wide variety. Just trying to narrow it down a bit. Its hard when all the cars look so damn good. If he has to choose, we wont have one for another year.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #16
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ERS TACOMA View Post
We've already looked at a bunch, taken the test drive, set up the connections ect. Just looking to get some more reviews and possibilites. Open to a wide variety. Just trying to narrow it down a bit. Its hard when all the cars look so damn good. If he has to choose, we wont have one for another year.
Have you looked at something new like an infinity or Cadillac or something in that range . Most of those care are 5 years old . Better cars out now .
Old 02-11-2012, 11:23 PM   #17
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I sell these, and fuck they are sweet!

Infiniti M56
420 very awesome horses, AWD, and all the tech features you could want.

brand new $75k here in Canada

Old 02-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #18
Out fer a Rip eh Bud

Had a M45 for a rental before and neighbour had a g35s. Just not really into lexus or infinty. Hate to say it but they look a little plainr then bmw or audi. love the way they sound tho. I would like the new luxus LFA.

The Audi RS is pretty much unavailable, same with the B7 Alpina, a little out of price range. looking for $35-45 with under 30k miles. If the new MB CLS550 was in that range id def chose that.

Went to the dealership and looked again today. I think its between the M5/M6 or even a 650i. When i think about it, only need a coupe because 80% of the driving is 1 person. Its nice tho with the rear seat for the odd occasion when we do need it.

If a 2010 A7 comes up it will def be considered too. Thaks for the advice. Ill be looking into a extended warrenty whatever the purchase.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #20
Out fer a Rip eh Bud

Ya, thoes wernt exactly what I was looking for. Something newer would be better. Like I said i have a lease return sales person working on it. They sell the cars back at the buyout price and dont get commisions so deals are pretty good if a lease comes back with low buyout.