Notices

Reliable Vehicles???

Old 02-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
Young Gun
MLB YOTA has a spectacular aura aboutMLB YOTA has a spectacular aura about

Name: Marshall
MLB YOTA's Tacoma Gallery
Reliable Vehicles???

I've been looking into getting a more fuel efficient vehicle than my Taco. My price range is around $8,000. What are some good vehicles to look into that are known to be reliable over 100,000 miles. I'm looking for a 2wd Tacoma with manual trans, but gosh they are hard to find in my price range.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Honda civic, corolla, camry, I believe the Nissan sentras are pretty reliable too.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
motorcycle
Old 02-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, I would be looking for the Toyota ECHO. Hopefully my cousin is going to be giving me hers for free, soon. It's a 2002.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #5
Young Gun

This will be replacing my current Tacoma and I'm looking for something kind of like a coupe. This all will probably fall through but it's something I am serious about.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
older Camry...2002+ little 4 banger. 35+ all day and dependable. No timing belt to change - lifetime chain

Nice big car that rides sweet, personally I don't like the little death trap cars that ride like shit.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB YOTA View Post
This will be replacing my current Tacoma and I'm looking for something kind of like a coupe. This all will probably fall through but it's something I am serious about.
No worries. I might be doing the same thing. I drive 5 days to work now so gas is hurting. I'm thinking about a new Golf R though. Not the best for MPGs when compared to other vehicles but I really don't want a boring car. Also I'll take the train to work.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #8
another minion
FrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the rough

Name: Frank
FrankNasti's Tacoma Gallery
What about Subaru? I'm tossing around the same idea as OP. I found a 2002 Impreza with 60,000 miles on it.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #9
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNasti View Post
What about Subaru? I'm tossing around the same idea as OP. I found a 2002 Impreza with 60,000 miles on it.
From what I hear those aren't the most fuel efficient cars around. Super fun though.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #10
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Subaru's are awesome.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #11
coloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
coloradotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Honda's last forever and are affordable to maintain. I have a 2004 accord with 155,000 miles and almost no maintenance other than the expected, tires and fluids etc
Old 02-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #12
another minion
FrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the rough

Name: Frank
FrankNasti's Tacoma Gallery
My wife already has a Honda Insight, but it's more than I want to spend.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #13
zimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant future

zimm52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradotacoma View Post
Honda's last forever and are affordable to maintain. I have a 2004 accord with 1550,000 miles and almost no maintenance other than the expected, tires and fluids etc
holy crap!
Old 02-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #14
Young Gun

Quote:
Honda's last forever and are affordable to maintain. I have a 2004 accord with 1550,000 miles and almost no maintenance other than the expected, tires and fluids etc
I hope that is a typo
Old 02-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #15
coloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I hope that is a typo
oops lol. yes should be 155,000
Old 02-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #16
Young Gun

What about Audi's I've seen a few of them in my search?
Old 02-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #17
Quote:
What about Audi's I've seen a few of them in my search?

Check into repair costs. My buddy has one and is always bitching about parts and repair costs
Old 02-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #19
sweet ride, whats the carfax look like?

Quote:
Here is the one i was looking at.... http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/aud...e=&distance=75
Old 02-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #20
Young Gun

Quote:
sweet ride, whats the carfax look like?
No, idea lol I just found it like an hour ago on Yahoo. I'm only 19 and this would be the first vehicle I would buy. So i don't know much about buying and selling. I could sell my truck and afford this car, but I don't have a job(trying to find one for sure) nor do I know how fast I could sell my truck. I'm gonna do some more research for sure.