Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Are you sure you want to bail out GM?

Old 12-09-2008, 06:18 AM   #1
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma

Especially when they do stuff like this to our Middle Eastern "friends"...

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/12...ddle-east.html

Old 12-09-2008, 06:23 AM   #2
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
bail out = stupid.

The govt. should only have helped them out had they shown a 100% turn around in their ways. Now they have just prolonged the inevitable.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:28 AM   #3
praetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nice

Marines: 0333-Accuracy by Volume
praetor's Tacoma Gallery
Bankruptcy!!! It is for reorganization, dumbasses!!!

As for the car
Old 12-09-2008, 06:37 AM   #4
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I sent how I felt in emails to my congressmen, their minds were already made up in the responses I received. Even if it is a "loan", my experience is the easier, softer way hardly ever teaches the lesson. Its bound to repeat itself until you take responsibility and humbly change yourself.

I wish them the best
Old 12-09-2008, 06:59 AM   #5
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
Short answer, No. Long answer, No. The big 3 are corrupt, and we as tax payers don't need to pay for this B-S.

I'm getting tired of watching the news to listen to every damn group w/ their hands out. The economy is going to "hell in a hand-basket", and all the government can do is give out billions to companies that are going to freaking fail anyway. LET THEM FAIL, THAT'S CAPITALISM.

Being Toyota Tacoma owner, I've pretty much giving up on the Big 3. The bottom line to these damn companies is that their product SUCKS compared to the "Foreign" market. But the "Foreign" vehicles are more american than the "American" vehicles anymore. It's all a dog and phony show to get our money. It's an outrage!!!

I'm done venting, sorry if I've offended anyone.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:11 AM   #6
praetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nice

Marines: 0333-Accuracy by Volume
praetor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghettiedy View Post
Short answer, No. Long answer, No. The big 3 are corrupt, and we as tax payers don't need to pay for this B-S.

I'm getting tired of watching the news to listen to every damn group w/ their hands out. The economy is going to "hell in a hand-basket", and all the government can do is give out billions to companies that are going to freaking fail anyway. LET THEM FAIL, THAT'S CAPITALISM.

Being Toyota Tacoma owner, I've pretty much giving up on the Big 3. The bottom line to these damn companies is that their product SUCKS compared to the "Foreign" market. But the "Foreign" vehicles are more american than the "American" vehicles anymore. It's all a dog and phony show to get our money. It's an outrage!!!

+1
Old 12-09-2008, 07:56 AM   #8
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
No--
GM internally condone's a culture of under-achievement within the ranks of middle and upper management and has for years.
They hold onto a failed, antiquated business model from the post war era.
They cannot compete given their current size, dealer network, car lines, union labor costs, legacy costs, etc.
Why burn our money on a dinosaur that is dying a slow painful (to us fiscally) death??
Screw that!!
Let them do C11, reorganize, hopefully come out stronger than before.
Get a mean lean car company out this nightmare.
Now we are in the midst of getting a "car czar"..

I don't know about you, but do you want some half baked dumbass politician dictating the redesign of the next gen Tacoma???
Old 12-09-2008, 10:18 AM   #9
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
NO... companies no matter the size should be allowed to fail. On a partially unrelated note, I heard on the news last night that the big oil companies in the Alberta tar sands are asking for a bail out... can you imagine...because of the low price of a barrel, they cant afford to ruin the environment anymore. Big oil companies no money???
Old 12-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #10
jrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: John
jrw1965's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghettiedy View Post

X2 Wish I said that
Old 12-09-2008, 11:14 AM   #12
Look at my member
crawfishsoul is a jewel in the roughcrawfishsoul is a jewel in the roughcrawfishsoul is a jewel in the rough

crawfishsoul's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #13
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
That is great!
LMAO!!!!
Old 12-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #14
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfishsoul View Post
That is soo awesome! It's completely true, sucks, and pisses you off; but what can you do.