1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Co-workers Yota stolen from work lot yesterday

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by TacoDawgfan, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Mar 15, 2012 at 2:54 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan [OP] Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I'm worried about my Taco, one of my co-workers had his 1994 5 lug stolen in broad daylight yesterday from our work parking lot. :mad: First is there a reason one would pick a 2004 with over 200k on the clock over some much nicer vehicle's sitting all around it? Is it because it's older that makes it an easier target? They checked the security tapes and saw it being driven out during the mad rush when most people get off. That took some balls! Apparently they just drove off right in the middle of about 150 people all leaving work at the same time. :eek: Ok so just found out this morning when I got to work. Word spread quickly and then halfway through the day word got around that 2 cars had been broken into this morning! :mad: One lady's alarm got set off and she parked almost right in front of the main entrance! My first thought was to park closer to the building since I park way off to avoid door dings. So apparently that doesn't matter. These are some bold effers!

So here's the thing, just over the last year my co. has laid off several people and started going with temps. The class of people that are coming in now are mostly thugish and untrustworthy types. I hate to judge like that but we've never had problems like this in the past 18 years that I've been there. So I can't help believe that it's related to this. Non the less most everyone was worried about there vehicles for the rest of the day and keeping an eye out the best we can so maybe it will stop. But I don't know what else I can do.

I heard several people saying "oh well that's what insurance is for" and "they can have it". :rolleyes: Maybe so but we all know how insurance company's pay out for claims. :eek: I have a LOT of equity in my truck after my trade in. This scares the sh*t out of me. I mean if it were to get stolen I would lose quite a bit I'm sure. w/o my trade I wouldn't have been able to afford my Taco. Maybe I'm wrong though, maybe the Taco's value will hold true to the insurance company and I shouldn't worry?

And I know people will say I shouldn't worry about something that hasn't happened yet. :crapstorm: But I can't help it, it was on my mind for the rest of the day. I just don't want to lose my equity in my baby. I've never been so far ahead on my vehicle's before. Mostly due to driving domestics. :eek:

Sorry for such a long rant. :eek:

2. Mar 22, 2012 at 7:03 AM
    oldstick

oldstick Medicare Member

Member:
    GA
    That's terrible. What area of GA was this, if I may ask?

3. Mar 23, 2012 at 3:08 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan [OP] Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Buford. My company finally got an extra security guard to walk our parking lot so I feel much better.

4. Mar 23, 2012 at 6:20 AM
    fixer5000

fixer5000 the logical one

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2018 4runner limited in nautical blue
    if your really worried get lo jack installed

5. Mar 23, 2012 at 9:36 AM
    Superdavert

Superdavert Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Athens, Ga
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Sport DC SB
    MB Legacy wheels 285/70 17 BFG KO2s ProComp 2" leveling kit, Foglight anytime mod, Sockmonkey TRD Sport bedside decals, Extang Trifecta tonneau cover, Toyota bed extender, Aries black nerf bars, Pop & Lock
    My job just had 3 cars broken into in the employee lot. All smash and grab. It sucks.

6. Mar 23, 2012 at 9:03 PM
    elmo7

elmo7 Easily Replaceable Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD OR 4x4
    I worked in Miami once. We had a gated lot w/security. People still got robbed at gun point. The boss had a pic on the wall that still had the shattered glass from a bullet that came through the window. I worked there 7 months before I found a safer gig. I drove a beater so they knew I didn't have shit worth stealing.

Products Discussed in

To Top