Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

SVT Lightning VS SVT Raptor

View Poll Results: Which comes out on top?
SVT Raptor 33 44.00%
SVT Lightning 42 56.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #21
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
0 to 60 in 4.6 seconds and 1/4 in 13.4. Just slightly slower than the Dodge in the quarter.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMC_Syclone

I would rather have the GMC. AWD FTW!
Old 03-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #22
burtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud of
burtonboards32's Tacoma Gallery
Something we can both agree on.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #23
WizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzyTRDTXPRO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WizzyTRDTXPRO's Tacoma Gallery
As a former SRT10 Ram owner I noticed this thread. Between the Raptor vs the Lightning would beat the Raptor in a pavement drag race. The lightning is also easier and cheaper to build (cold air intake, pully on supercharger, exhaust and tuned) wakes these trucks up. The Raptor is heavier and doesn't have the aerodynamics of the Lightning.

Between the SRT10 Ram vs Lightning stock for stock I from personal experience have beat 3 lightnings every time I lined up next to them on a Drag Strip. With the SRT10 it's a drivers race since it's a 6 speed manual and getting the launch right. The first week of owning my SRT10 I ran it at the Strip and posted a 13.5 at 105 mph 2.22 60' so yes a SRT10 is faster not only in top end.

I do love the GMC Sy/TY's also since I'm a big fan of the GNX/Grand National/T Type.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #24
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
The Lightning in the OP is a concept of the 3rd generation that was never built.
As a Lightningaholic since 03 I have to say the raptor is awesome but with all the extra weight I bet stock for stock the Lightning may slip by in the 1/4.

Rare is a stock Lightning so they can run 13 sec. down into the 9s and possibly 8s with crazy mods.
Mine is road course modded and gets around pretty well considering there is nothing that helps it, front/rear weight, overall weight, aero of a red brick, stock brakes die in a couple laps.

But like Tacomas we love to mod them.
One of our local Lightning members has a Raptor too!
Attached Thumbnails
SVT Lightning VS SVT Raptor-sedona-truck-09-003.jpg   SVT Lightning VS SVT Raptor-sedona-truck-09-007.jpg  
Old 03-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #25
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
id go with the tundra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbA9uWoHgAo
Old 03-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #26
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikbean562 View Post
Gotta make it.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #27
magnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MACS2
Name: Matt
magnetic11's Tacoma Gallery
Id put a supercharged Tundra 5.7 against both of them.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #28
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
This has got to be a joke. The 0-60 on the Raptor is like 8 second and runs a 16 second quarter mile. It's not even close. It's a 3 ton truck.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #29
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Tundras are massive. 12.9 is moving for something that large.
I have a very mild tune on my Lightning to keep it safe on pump gas and run 12.8s

Been a while since I ran at the drag strip, mostly road course anymore.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #30
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Don't think a raptor does 0-60 in 5.2 . That's fast .
Old 03-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #31
muddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

muddin's Tacoma Gallery
me and my old man have a lightning. the thing drives like a dream. its a 2004 sonic blue L thats putting down a solid 440rwhp...the thing screams when ya step on it. At the same time can/could be driven every day.

Id take the lightning all day over the raptor (and i do like the raptors very much) but come on, lightnings are sick, not much else out there like it. il try to post some pics up when i can...im at work now
Old 03-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #32
muddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

muddin's Tacoma Gallery
...and to the OP...the pic of the 04 lightning is not a 04 Lightning
Old 03-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #33
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Don't think a raptor does 0-60 in 5.2 . That's fast .
It doesn't, see my post above. It's over 8 seconds.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #34
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
I feel like it should be blatantly obvious that a supercharged 5.4 in a 2wd Reg Cab truck is going to at least be somewhat quicker than a N/A 6.2 in a 4wd Ext. Cab or 4 Door with heavier suspension components, wheels, and tires. Along with all the extra interior things inside the cab. The inside of a lightning is somewhat barebones. I test drove a lightning once. I couldn't imagine a raptor moving like that on the blacktop.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #35
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
i would take the GMC all day.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #36
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
If ya'll wanna talk fast trucks... Check out a Supra mini-truck. Sexgasm for any toyota enthusiast.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #37
YoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant future

Name: Jason
YoaterBoater's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
My best friends dad has the same raptor. 6.2 (Ordered it) and hennesey tuned. Its badass for a truck with 35s. I honestly feel safer taking a turn in that truck than I do their camaro. We took his truck to their land where they have a fourwheeler track, and it was a lot of fun. Until the rad hose kinked up and overheated. We gave that truck hell but nothing like the video of it being tested in the desert. Great truck, but waste of money.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #38
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
No option for:

Neither... it's a pair of Fords and they'll burst into flame before they hit the 1/8th
Old 03-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #40
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog777 View Post
I'm arguing in favor of the Lightning due to the fact that no street built truck can touch it (off the show room floor)
i disagree... the Jeep Cherokee SRT8 will eat the Lightning. and maybe the Trailblazer SS

my old ride...TBSS