Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

SVT Lightning VS SVT Raptor

View Poll Results: Which comes out on top?
SVT Raptor 33 44.00%
SVT Lightning 42 56.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #41
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
i disagree... the Jeep Cherokee SRT8 will eat the Lightning. and maybe the Trailblazer SS

my old ride...TBSS

Love the TBSS and SRT8 Ram but those are SUVs.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #42
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
still under truck category lol
Old 03-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #43
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Meh.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #44
muddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

muddin's Tacoma Gallery
yea...more so SUV category...a truck has a bed IMO...so not really ha

either way no doubt the L is one bad ass truck...i get a big ass smile like a kid in a candy shop everytime i step on the gas in mine (just sucks its not a manual)
Old 03-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #45
muddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

muddin's Tacoma Gallery

Old 03-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #46
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
More pics just cuz
Yes I am passing the old vette
Good fun!!!
Attached Thumbnails
SVT Lightning VS SVT Raptor-steve-1a.jpg   SVT Lightning VS SVT Raptor-steve-2.jpg   SVT Lightning VS SVT Raptor-steve-4.jpg   SVT Lightning VS SVT Raptor-firebird-east-smaller-3.jpg   SVT Lightning VS SVT Raptor-firebird-east-track-015.jpg  

Old 03-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #47
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Love the TBSS and SRT8 Ram but those are SUVs.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Meh.
Ditto.

Do the SRT8 Ram and TBSS have real frames or are they Unibody?

If Unibody, not a truck.

For the record, I do not consider the Honda Ridgeline a truck.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #48
burtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud of
burtonboards32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Ditto.

Do the SRT8 Ram and TBSS have real frames or are they Unibody?

If Unibody, not a truck.

For the record, I do not consider the Honda Ridgeline a truck.

First things first...the Ram was an SRT10, not 8. The Cherokee is an SRT8 and I'm sure it is a unibody.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #49
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
New GC is unibody, I thought the previous generation wasn't though. Not positive though. Also think the TB was BOF as well.

As far as SRT10 vs Lightning. SRT10 faster, assuming driver can shift(although they made autos but they were in the crew cab so they were heavier). As far as the Ram being underpowered and a glorified Ram, I wouldn't exactly call 500hp underpowered and well, isn't the Lightning a glorified F150.

Both cool trucks nonetheless, but I'd agree I'd rather just have the GMC over either. A lot more rare, not to mention I believe faster as well. And not to hate on the SRT10, but this video always makes me laugh. I guess I'm a terrible person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFH39T0Z0WI
Old 03-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #50
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
Power to weight ratios is simply power divided by weight...

411/6200 = .066 hp per pound for the Raptor
380/4670 = .081 hp per pound for the Lightning

That being said, the Lightning is going to BURN the Raptor on the street.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
factor in the aerodynamic advantage of the lightning and better traction from street tires to those ratios, and i think the winner is fairly predictable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
The Lightning in the OP is a concept of the 3rd generation that was never built.
As a Lightningaholic since 03 I have to say the raptor is awesome but with all the extra weight I bet stock for stock the Lightning may slip by in the 1/4.

Rare is a stock Lightning so they can run 13 sec. down into the 9s and possibly 8s with crazy mods.
Mine is road course modded and gets around pretty well considering there is nothing that helps it, front/rear weight, overall weight, aero of a red brick, stock brakes die in a couple laps.

But like Tacomas we love to mod them.
One of our local Lightning members has a Raptor too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
This has got to be a joke. The 0-60 on the Raptor is like 8 second and runs a 16 second quarter mile. It's not even close. It's a 3 ton truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Don't think a raptor does 0-60 in 5.2 . That's fast .
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddin View Post
me and my old man have a lightning. the thing drives like a dream. its a 2004 sonic blue L thats putting down a solid 440rwhp...the thing screams when ya step on it. At the same time can/could be driven every day.

Id take the lightning all day over the raptor (and i do like the raptors very much) but come on, lightnings are sick, not much else out there like it. il try to post some pics up when i can...im at work now
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddin View Post
...and to the OP...the pic of the 04 lightning is not a 04 Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanglingFury View Post
I feel like it should be blatantly obvious that a supercharged 5.4 in a 2wd Reg Cab truck is going to at least be somewhat quicker than a N/A 6.2 in a 4wd Ext. Cab or 4 Door with heavier suspension components, wheels, and tires. Along with all the extra interior things inside the cab. The inside of a lightning is somewhat barebones. I test drove a lightning once. I couldn't imagine a raptor moving like that on the blacktop.
Congratulations and thanks guys for being the only ones to post replies relevant to the topic.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:13 AM   #51
O.F.
bb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: JFK Center, Fort Bragg, NC
bb609's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i disagree... the Jeep Cherokee SRT8 will eat the Lightning. and maybe the Trailblazer SS

my old ride...TBSS

I had one of them too, same color. Add a few inches of rain to the road surface and I'll put my TBSS against any one of them. That car handled like it was on rails!

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...
Old 03-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #52
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty certain the Lightning would win (on the street obviously)

But I voted for the Raptor just cause I like it more of the 2 trucks
Old 03-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #53

muddin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb609 View Post

I had one of them too, same color. Add a few inches of rain to the road surface and I'll put my TBSS against any one of them. That car handled like it was on rails!

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

2 completely different vehicles...your talking a rear wheel drive truck vs a all wheel drive suv... any rear wheel drive truck is gonna be loose in the rain. depends how ya drive it. i have driven my L in torrential downpours and been fine. yes...i have driven the SS worked for chevy for 5 years. nice quick suv...but its not a truck its a SUV and no where compares to a Lightning

if we are comparing any kind of car now....my STi handled like it was on rails...and id take that over the SS....lol (faster too )
Old 04-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #54
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
I love the sound of it spooling up
Old 05-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #56
034RUNNER is on a distinguished road
034RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Straight line? Lightning has my bet.