Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

tough weekend

Old 12-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #1
stratton will become famous soon enough

stratton's Tacoma Gallery
tough weekend

Ok so this weekend was a rough one on the toyota's First off as I mentioned earlier in a post, I snapped off the cover to my 110v plug in the bed of the truck. I just forgot that I had the cover open and then I lifted the bed extender and it snapped. 2'nd since I had the tailgate down working on removing it, I didnt pull fully into my garage. So when I walked back to the house I hit the garage door button. And yeah, I closed the 2 car garage door on my truck. Damn!! 3'rd was today when I was driving the wifes Sienna with our son to the store. I stopped at my mailbox to get the sunday paper. When I pulled out of the driveway I turned to quick and I ran the mailbox down the right side of her van. Which is only a few months old. She wanted to cutt my balls off. She really just got the van, only needed one oil change so far!! So I feel like an asshole this weekend. And the thing is, I never do stupid shit like that. I am so careful never to break shit. And then all this happens in two days! Feel free to mock me! I deserve it. haha
Old 12-14-2008, 04:40 PM   #2
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear about your luck this weekend. But look on the bright side if it is true that things happen in 3's you no longer have to wonder what else is going to go wrong.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
hey no one got hurt
i see no reason to mock you
when your WIFE is going to cut your nuts off
Old 12-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #5
The Cooler King
Dustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of light

Dustin03's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Dustin03
No mockery... We all have our off days. You got it all out of your system now, so breathe easy.

Just keep a look out for the family jewels.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:53 PM   #6
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a young kid especially, you really need to have your 'Resistance' safety reverse feature adjusted properly. ...and if you don't have the 'Electric eye' safety reverse feature, i would highly recommended installing one for the overhead door. The overhead door is the largest moving part in the home and the downforce on those things is a lot more than most realise.

Too late this time, but it could save your vehicle and/or your kid next time.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
^ Thats what I was thinking. Maybe that was the bad luck for the year, all in one day. Hopefully.
HAHA yeah I think it was a quota issue. I figure that I didnt really do anything dumb this whole year. And there is only 2 weeks left !!
Old 12-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTACOMA View Post
If you have a young kid especially, you really need to have your 'Resistance' safety reverse feature adjusted properly. ...and if you don't have the 'Electric eye' safety reverse feature, i would highly recommended installing one for the overhead door. The overhead door is the largest moving part in the home and the downforce on those things is a lot more than most realise.

Too late this time, but it could save your vehicle and/or your kid next time.
Thats the bad part. I do have the eyes in but I was pulled ahead enough to "stradle" the eyes. So they didnt trip and the adjustment is somewhat light but it was still enough to put a small mark on the hood. Not bad enough to have it fixed up. The wife's car I will have to fix. The scratches are down to bare metal.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:06 PM   #10
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
hey man, everyone is entitled to have their own Clark W. Griswold moments.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Earlier this year I went and checked my moms mail, opened the door which opens from left to right, and scratched my truck. The mailbox is one my dad and I built, 18 wheeler rim for the base 4" pipe up to a barn shaped house on top, solid iron and welded up.
Yeah I bet that the mailbox didnt budge.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:41 PM   #12
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratton View Post
Thats the bad part. I do have the eyes in but I was pulled ahead enough to "stradle" the eyes. So they didnt trip and the adjustment is somewhat light but it was still enough to put a small mark on the hood. Not bad enough to have it fixed up. The wife's car I will have to fix. The scratches are down to bare metal.
Sounds like it could have been worse. Give that down-force adjustment a 1/4 turn and see how it reacts.

DON'T use the 2x4 on the floor under the door as the manufacturer suggests, just in case its not quite right. (That will 'leave a mark' if not dialed in properly)

I usually use my hands when i test them, but you don't want to fight it it too much. 30 lbs of resistance or less should reverse it. If it needs another 1/4 turn, let it come down and adjust it a bit more before testing it again.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #13

Thanks man. I will give that a try this week. I think i might also call a garage repair guy soon. The wifes garage starting to act up. and i cant really control it with my remote or hers or the outside remote. I replaced all the batteries. I think that the attenae on the actual lift is messed up.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:56 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratton View Post
Thanks man. I will give that a try this week. I think i might also call a garage repair guy soon. The wifes garage starting to act up. and i cant really control it with my remote or hers or the outside remote. I replaced all the batteries. I think that the attenae on the actual lift is messed up.
Yeah, they can be finicky after a problem arises. What model fo you have. If by chance its the Genie Excelorator, (sp?) i think that one has a lifetime parts and labor it i remember correctly. Warranties differ by model...

They don't go out of their way to remind you (warranty info) when they show up to fix it. If you have the owners manual, its worth a look and might be worth a call to what ever 1-800 # they have before choosing / contacting a repair guy.

Good luck.