Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Driveline Vibration Issue - Possible Root Cause

Old 12-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #1
Look at my member
crawfishsoul is a jewel in the roughcrawfishsoul is a jewel in the roughcrawfishsoul is a jewel in the rough

crawfishsoul's Tacoma Gallery
Driveline Vibration Issue - Possible Root Cause

[Source unknown] Driveline Vibration Issue - Possible Root Cause

This guy ran over a mattress and decided to keep going. The ensuing jumble finally whipped around enough to put a tear in the gas tank, the subsequent lack of fuel is what finally brought this vehicle to its knees.

It had still managed to drive 30 more miles decently with a 60lb tangle wrapped around the driveshaft.

He complained that the vehicle had a "shimmy" when driving it high speeds.

This is what the dealership found..............

Old 12-15-2008, 12:09 PM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery

Fixed that for ya.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
Look at my member
crawfishsoul is a jewel in the roughcrawfishsoul is a jewel in the roughcrawfishsoul is a jewel in the rough

crawfishsoul's Tacoma Gallery
Oh shoot. Were those images huge? Sorry about that, I'm on a ridiculously fast T1 line so I didn't even notice.

Thanks for fixing.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:13 PM   #4
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
(speechless)
Old 12-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfishsoul View Post
Oh shoot. Were those images huge? Sorry about that, I'm on a ridiculously fast T1 line so I didn't even notice.

Thanks for fixing.
Nah -- you were missing the links. I dug them up on another forum and linked straight to someone else's photobucket account.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:21 PM   #6
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
but how do you not know that you ran that over
and if did you dont stop
Old 12-15-2008, 02:20 PM   #7
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that is incredible. Good find!
Old 12-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #9
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Me thinks I've seen it all now..
-- Nope, wait, not yet.. --
Those damn Bore Varmints pushing shit into the road again--

Old 02-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #11
alpinebob is on a distinguished road
Navy: AD
Name: bob
alpinebob's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, I have been driving for 60 years (on road stuff) and have never had a problem with a driveshaft that was not bent due to hitting something. Had a lot of problems with U joints especially( "detroit") type on Dodge, what is the deal on newer trucks? My 08 Tacoma has developed a vibration and the dealer wants $1,400 for a new drive shaft???
Curious and needing advice...
alpinebob