Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Earth's Toughest Truck!

Old 04-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #1
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Earth's Toughest Truck!

So I was online and came across a pretty bad ass wirte-up about the Hilux and figured I would share it with you a-holes!

http://now.msn.com/money/0402-Toughe...xpedition.aspx

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/02/t...ups/#continued
Old 04-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
that does indeed look tough
Old 04-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
that does indeed look tough
Thats what I thought. I want one real bad... but only if it looks like the ones in the picture. haha. Could you imagine seeing one of them driving down the road?!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3VE View Post
Thats what I thought. I want one real bad... but only if it looks like the ones in the picture. haha. Could you imagine seeing one of them driving down the road?!
With enough money, you can has one

That's the first time I've seen the tandem rear wheel setup but I've seen the other ones. Google Arctic Truck and you'll find a bunch of vehicles with similar kits. I've seen an F-250 and a Lexus with the same kit and there's a member here that has a Tacoma with that kit.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
- Half the flex in these trucks come from the tires. In fact, there's less suspension travel than stock.
- Anyone seen the video of the transfer case repair they did on ice? Wrenching in -50 temps...