Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Chrysler idling all plant for 1 month

Old 12-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Chrysler idling all plant for 1 month

Just read on Comcast that Chrysler has idled all plants for a month. Not a real good time for the employees. I'm sure this will trickle down and affect some of our jobs.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:56 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
It's going on everywhere.....

Although nothing is secure - I consider myself to be in the most secure of the positions where I work. Our department has 'asked' for anyone interested in taking voluntary month-long layoffs. There's been atleast 2 that I know of who took it. In other departments - the layoffs weren't voluntary.

I know I sometimes complain about my job and the work schedule - but damn, I would not wanna have to look for a job in these times. I dunno - but I don't have any faith the new government is gonna relieve the situation. We'll have to wait and see and unfortunately, we're all in the same boat.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:49 AM   #3
Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.
mudduck will become famous soon enough

mudduck's Tacoma Gallery
apparantly, talks have resumed today about merging with GM. that could make for some interesting vehicles.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Just read GM Chryco merger is a no go.
Now hearing chatter of packaged C 11 for GM and Chrysler. Possibly a forced merger with Chrysler being liquidated in the end. Thats usually what a merger is anyway. One company gets cannabilized.