Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

my experience with a honda civic...headache from hell

Old 04-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
my experience with a honda civic...headache from hell

ok so I dont know if anybody cares but heres my story, The manifold in my girlfriends honda cracked and I replaced it with a header due to not costing as much as a 600 dollar manifold. The manifold has the cat built into it and the header didnt have a cat. The CEL stayed on because of the o2 sensor not reading a cat. Anyways I am going to sell the the car and I wanted to replace the header with the old manifold that was welded by a friend so the engine light didnt come on when I went to sell it. Well I get back into the car to fire it up with the old manifold installed and now I have a battery light on and a check engine light on and the speedo isnt working. Started to freak out a little and then I checked on the honda forum and apparently the 02 sensor caused something to short and blew the alternator fuse but I bought a new battery and new 02 sensor. I was thinking it was the alternator and then I realized the fuse was blown and when it was fixed, no problems after that. No more check engine lights or battery lights. What a headache. I got it resolved, wasnt sleeping until I did so now I can sell the bitch and get a 2012 impreza for my bitch.....
Old 04-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Now didn't that feel better?

What year was this Civic, curious because selling it would allow you to get a brand new car
Old 04-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Now didn't that feel better?

What year was this Civic, curious because selling it would allow you to get a brand new car
Well its actually my girlfriends car and I maintain it for her and I drive it on long trips and she drives my truck but I promised her a 2012 impreza after she gets rid of the damn thing, its a 2002 honda civic lx
Old 04-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
soooo are you hiding a check engine light now or what?
Old 04-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
soooo are you hiding a check engine light now or what?
Na man everything is running fine because the cel was on because the 02 sensor was placed into the header but there was no catalytic converter which cause it to throw the cel, so I replaced it with the stock manifold and now its happy and no lights are on
Old 04-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
Na man everything is running fine because the cel was on because the 02 sensor didnt have a cat to read from so I replaced it and now its happy and no lights are on
Got it . My girlfriend just got an older civic. The water pump decided it wanted to explode which caused catastrophic failures in countless other things. It makes me feel like . Those Subarus are nice though!
Old 04-07-2012, 02:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Got it . My girlfriend just got an older civic. The water pump decided it wanted to explode which caused catastrophic failures in countless other things. It makes me feel like . Those Subarus are nice though!
Yeah I will feel much better once its gone, I had a lady offer me 3500 for it with 170k on it so I will go with that but once its gone Im Hopefully the subaru will last longer and have less problems, way better fuel economy for the 2012's but damn I wish she would get a wrx
Old 04-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #8
Disco850 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Grunt
Name: Disco
Disco850's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
Yeah I will feel much better once its gone, I had a lady offer me 3500 for it with 170k on it so I will go with that but once its gone Im Hopefully the subaru will last longer and have less problems, way better fuel economy for the 2012's but damn I wish she would get a wrx

Sorry a subaru is not going to last longer than a civic and will most likely require more maintenence. I work on both subarus and civics and the better car for reliability and ease of ownership is the civic. Ohh and the 2012 wrx still has a timing belt that is sugested to be replaced around 100k where a civic all the way back to around 2005 has a timing chain that never needs replacing. In defense of most cars there are no really bad cars just bad owners. With propper maintence most modern cars have the ability to last to well over 300k and in some cases up to a million miles.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #9
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy's civic has a similar problem with a cracked header. runs like shit from it. Thanks for the info.