Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Anyone owns a chevy cruze??

Old 04-11-2012, 11:04 PM   #21
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Well she just bought the 2LT like 30 mins ago, leather sits and a bunch of other crap. I like it. Good thing I didn't have to sign.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:49 AM   #22
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
My gf and I are buying a chevy cruze in a couple of days, since her pos cobalt was totaled. We are gonna get the 2LT I guess.

Does anyone here owns one? Is there any reliable website to check on reviews?
Thanks

I know nothing about the integrity of a Cruze but my sister has one and really likes it. Of course she is an older woman so I doubt it gets run hard.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:24 AM   #23
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
Well she just bought the 2LT like 30 mins ago, leather sits and a bunch of other crap. I like it. Good thing I didn't have to sign.
Bumping this to the top since my friend is taking a test drive in a cruze tonight. How does your girlfriend like it so far? Complaints? Likes? Things you wish your Taco had?
Old 09-19-2012, 07:33 AM   #24
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
My neighbor has one. He likes it. Seems like a good little car. Nice interior. Its infinitely better than the Cobalt he had but that's not saying much. He did have some issue with the tranny that had to be fixed under warranty.

If I were buying a small car though the Cruze would probably be third on my list behind the Focus and Elantra.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #26
WVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
WVtriple's Tacoma Gallery
Cruze

My work requires me to travel 4 days out of the week, we write business in 38 states. With that said, I have had ample opportunity to drive many different cars. One thing I notice when I get in a rental is how many miles are on the clock. Now I know its a rental and people beat the shit out of rentals, so if its got a fair amount of miles on it (20-25k, which is high in rental terms, I think they dump them shortly there after.) and still performs reasonable well, I do take note.

Back to the Cruze, it is a solid little car, gets good MPG's, and is well sorted. I do find that it will hunt and peck for gears when in slow moving traffic. The interior build quality is better than the past Cavalier/Cobalt days, but cheap plastics and pleather are still the main materials in the dash and seats. There is a little rattling here and there but thats me being really picky. Overall and at it's price point, this is not a bad vehicle, but there is still a definite level of refinement between the domestics and imports in terms of fit and finish.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #27
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
My niece has a Cruze and loves it..22 years old and likes the MPG especially plus it was reasonably priced. She's only had it a few months though.

A friend of mine bought one about a year and a half ago, he drives over an hour each way to work and never has a bad thing to say about it.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #28
1st Gen Hilux
TaCorpsman is a splendid one to beholdTaCorpsman is a splendid one to beholdTaCorpsman is a splendid one to beholdTaCorpsman is a splendid one to beholdTaCorpsman is a splendid one to beholdTaCorpsman is a splendid one to beholdTaCorpsman is a splendid one to behold

Navy: MCAS Miramar
TaCorpsman's Tacoma Gallery
TURBODIESEL?!

Hope this leads to more demand for turbodiesels and implementation to mid size trucks
Old 06-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #29
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Incorrect. It's a Daewoo.

The Daewoo Lacetti, to be exact. The Opel was also badge engineered off the Daewoo platform.

So to be technical, the Cruze is a Korean car.

GM likes to tout it's "european engineered" design, but that essentially means Opel sent CAD files to Daewoo.
Oh shit, if the Cruze is Korean stay away, far far away.
and a Chevy designed by Koreans? How much worse do you want?

I like the looks of the Civic and the Focus.