Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Anyone owns a chevy cruze??

Old 04-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone owns a chevy cruze??

My gf and I are buying a chevy cruze in a couple of days, since her pos cobalt was totaled. We are gonna get the 2LT I guess.

Does anyone here owns one? Is there any reliable website to check on reviews?
Thanks
Old 04-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
Resident "dude"
tacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
tacotrd647's Tacoma Gallery
You're asking if a chevrolet is reliable?

Ha!...hahaha...ahhhahahahaha!
Old 04-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
me and my gf just bought a corolla s - brand new. we test drove a cruz and i would choose the corolla a million times over the cruz..
Old 04-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
For the price of a corolla s you could get a Camry Le .
Old 04-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #6
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
idk about that, we paid 18 and change OTD... the camry we were looking at for equal price was a base nothing model.. ultimately it was her decision anyways..
Old 04-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #7
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
idk about that, we paid 18 and change OTD... the camry we were looking at for equal price was a base nothing model.. ultimately it was her decision anyways..
Aren't they all?
Old 04-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #8

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
^HAhahahahaha pu**y is power dude thats for sure.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #9
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Corolla s here are 20-21k + ttl
Old 04-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #10
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
The Chevy Cruz is a great little car. I've had one for a rental more than a couple of times and it seemed solid. Great gas mileage in that little bugger and was pretty comfortable too. Not bad to look at either as far as economy cars go.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #11
BuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
BuckWells's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
The Chevy Cruz is a great little car. I've had one for a rental more than a couple of times and it seemed solid. Great gas mileage in that little bugger and was pretty comfortable too. Not bad to look at either as far as economy cars go.
I agree, the Cruze is a fine automobile. Quality is first and foremost in the domestic brands now, and the Cruz is no exception. Great mileage, great build quality, and great looks. It's miles ahead of the Cobalt you're replacing.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
If you've already decided, why do you need reviews?

If I was looking at small cars right now, the Ford Focus would be miles higher on my list than the Cruze.

Anyway, the only review that matters:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...evrolet-cruze/

And the Focus:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...ium-five-door/
Old 04-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #13

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Corolla s here are 20-21k + ttl
yea i think that was about the sticker price
Old 04-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #14
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Here are the dislikes from Cruze owners. I couldn't find a thread dedicated to what they like about the Cruze though.

http://www.chevroletcruzeforum.com/i...out-the-cruze/

http://www.chevroletcruzeforum.com/i...r-impressions/
Old 04-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #15
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yea i think that was about the sticker price
No love here in Cali on Toyota . You could probably get up to $ 1500 off a s but no where near 18k OTD .
Old 04-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #16
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
The Cruze is based on the European Opel Astra - German designed, which is why it is better quality than typical domestic cars, like your old Cobalt.

I am not a Chevy fan at all, but I like the Cruze and it should be okay for your gf.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #17
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
The Cruze is based on the European Opel Astra - German designed, which is why it is better quality than typical domestic cars, like your old Cobalt.

I am not a Chevy fan at all, but I like the Cruze and it should be okay for your gf.
Incorrect. It's a Daewoo.

The Daewoo Lacetti, to be exact. The Opel was also badge engineered off the Daewoo platform.

So to be technical, the Cruze is a Korean car.

GM likes to tout it's "european engineered" design, but that essentially means Opel sent CAD files to Daewoo.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #18
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
If you've already decided, why do you need reviews?

If I was looking at small cars right now, the Ford Focus would be miles higher on my list than the Cruze.

Anyway, the only review that matters:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...evrolet-cruze/

And the Focus:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...ium-five-door/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Derek View Post
Here are the dislikes from Cruze owners. I couldn't find a thread dedicated to what they like about the Cruze though.

http://www.chevroletcruzeforum.com/i...out-the-cruze/

http://www.chevroletcruzeforum.com/i...r-impressions/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post

Thank you all for the input. The car is gonna be mostly for her, I'll be driving it to work maybe 2 days out of the week. We'll go for a test drive tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:55 AM   #19
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
One thing that's important to note is that the days of walking outside and your car just not starting are pretty much behind us. Quality on some cars may be worse than others but the playing field in terms of overall quality for ALL cars is lightyears ahead of what we had before. Not only that, but if you're buying new you'll have a warranty so who cares?
Old 04-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
One thing that's important to note is that the days of walking outside and your car just not starting are pretty much behind us. Quality on some cars may be worse than others but the playing field in terms of overall quality for ALL cars is lightyears ahead of what we had before.
Very true. But transmissions shitting out at 80k AREN'T a thing of the past.

How a car does for the first 3 years is one thing. How it does after 10 is totally different.

Quote:
Not only that, but if you're buying new you'll have a warranty so who cares?
That warranty won't drive you to work. Having your vehicle inoperative is a major pain in the ass regardless of repair cost.