Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

i'm seeing a new military vehicle..humvee replacement?

Old 04-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #22
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrh_2 View Post
To get an old military hummve u need alot of money
yeah i know. i think i read like 5 or 6 years ago 90k plus.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:31 AM   #23
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
t4daddy, good luck on getting the job.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:48 AM   #24
Aight
sernaj64 is on a distinguished road
Name: Juan
sernaj64's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
M-ATV?
Yup that's it i was part of the test group for CP in SD CA. great vic.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:59 AM   #25
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
gimme an up armored Hilux and im good to go. I wish I had pics of the ones we drove, but my damn pc crashed and I lost them along will ALL of my afghan photos.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:18 AM   #26
slingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Matt
slingshot5r's Tacoma Gallery
We have a couple of M-ATV's out here right now. I THINK they were made just for here in Afghanistan, but I could be completely wrong on that. What I do know though is that the MRAP RG-31 and 33 are great against IED's and all, but anyone who's ever been inside the back of one on the Afghan "roads" knows that they are so sketchy to be in because of rollovers. The MAT-V is better to drive out here because it's not so top heavy, but it's more vulnerable to IED's.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #27
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftree View Post
t4daddy, good luck on getting the job.
Thanks, I sure need them to call, been without since June. Things are getting dicey around my house.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #28
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I'll buy a military Humvee and wheel it. Should be even cheaper now.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #29
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Armored hilux FTW.

M-ATV's are cool though, just HUGE for only a few passengers. The RWS M240 is fun to shoot though.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #30
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
sorry, i wasnt comfortable walking up to them to take a picture. the barbwire fence was daunting enough. it screamed "not welcome".
Old 04-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #31
OJwerks is on a distinguished road
Name: Omar J
OJwerks's Tacoma Gallery
isnt Baja Designs designing the lights on that new rig ?

http://bajadesigns.com/Products/military/
Old 04-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #32
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
MRAPS and the like have been out for YEARS. Humvee isn't even allowed to exit friendly lines where I was in the stan. They are old news

And wheeling them(Humvee) is fun did it all over Pendleton
Old 04-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #33
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Isn't the US Military shopping around for a new supplier to make a new truck? I think I read something about Jeep, GM, and other big name car manufactures making new armored vehicles for the Military for a test run to see who will make the new trucks.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #34
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Afghan National Army all rolled deep in hilux with a machine gun mounted on a roll bar there too, if only if only I could do that here

They also had some rangers. . .
Old 04-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #35
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaprerunner View Post
Why replace the Humvee?
Because its shit