Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

i'm seeing a new military vehicle..humvee replacement?

Old 04-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i'm seeing a new military vehicle..humvee replacement?

i was driving around Ft Bliss and i saw a new vehicle parked out there next to a tent city. looks about the same size, slightly larger than a humvee.

any info. i google "humvee replacement" and i get images different from what i saw.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
i was driving around Ft Bliss and i saw a new vehicle parked out there next to a tent city. looks about the same size, slightly larger than a humvee.

any info. i google "humvee replacement" and i get images different from what i saw.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
Jay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay9722's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe it's the BAE Land system RG-31 MPV (Mine Protected Vehicle). Looks like same vehicle used by the US Marine Corps EOD Units. Marines called it RG-31 Cougar.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
The company I just interviewed with and went through a but load of training for (NaviStar), is rumored to be building a vechicle that matches that description. Human Resources dubbed it the "Enforcer". But it WAS just a rumor.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #7
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Why replace the Humvee?
Old 04-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #8
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaprerunner View Post
Why replace the Humvee?
x2
Old 04-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #9
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaprerunner View Post
Why replace the Humvee?
CAUSE AAH-NOLD WANTS TO BUY THEM ALLZZ!!

Old 04-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #11
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
Navistar is working on a vehicle to at least augment the Humve. With all of the armor and other upgrades, the Humve was becomming too heavy to perform well in many of it's original tasks.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #12
Amos will become famous soon enough

Name: Daniel
Amos's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmwv is being replaced with rg-33, rg-31 and M-ATV bc they protect against IEDs.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #13
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftree View Post
Navistar is working on a vehicle to at least augment the Humve. With all of the armor and other upgrades, the Humve was becomming too heavy to perform well in many of it's original tasks.
This is very close to what they were telling us, during orientation. They had a contract to finish 200 rail cars (now complete) then redoing all the production lines (in progress) for the new vehicle. Supposed to hire over 1000 employees before October. Waiting on a call...
Old 04-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #15
DaBears is on a distinguished road
Army:
DaBears's Tacoma Gallery
The Army stopped letting them outside the wire in 07' as well. The hummer is out dated, in 04' we welded on 1/2" steel to use for doors to stop 7.62 rounds. After the extra weight of the steel, the hummers would bottom out on unimproved roads, so we got new heavy duty springs. About a month later we received pre-fab armour w/ more weight shortly after we started blowing motors and trannies
Old 04-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #17
DaBears is on a distinguished road
Army:
DaBears's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrh_2 View Post
And they aren't worth a shit when hit by an ied
Amen! Seen troops seriously hurt by a baby bomb, that any MRAP would could drive over.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #18
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
i miss convoying through afgan in 02 with cloth doors. same in the push in 03
Old 04-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #20
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
maybe it’s time i really start saving and get me one. lol only hummer/humvee i would get hell with the H2 and H3!!