Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Is GM done after Friday??

Old 12-18-2008, 03:16 PM   #1
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Is GM done after Friday??

It might seem probable. --

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/inv...t/#more-191671

It would seem they are at the edge of the cliff. Too late for a bailout now..
Old 12-18-2008, 03:19 PM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
God i hope so.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:03 AM   #3
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Well, GW is giving them their money right now. They are getting TARP'd but have to pay it back in full by March.. I'm feeling ill ..
Old 12-19-2008, 06:13 AM   #4
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
A merger, two heads are better than one?
Old 12-19-2008, 06:20 AM   #5

OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Perhaps this spring. One thing for sure. They will be back asking for more money. They just don't have much to offer the consumer right now. Other than a Vette or a Bullitt edition Stang I can't of anything I'd buy right now.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:30 AM   #6
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
All of the big 3 are making retro-musclecars that are worth buying, but they seem to have forgotten those cars were so popular in their original sales period because they were affordable by the average high school graduate working at the local Bobs Big Boy.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:25 AM   #7
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I work at a Chevy dealer, so even though I'm against govt. bailouts, at least I know I'll have a job for awhile. Hopefully the American car makers have gotten a wake up call. They've been asleep at the wheel for far too long.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:35 AM   #8
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
IMO its crazy people would want the big 3 to go outta business, think about this guys your hoping hundreds of thousands of people lose their job, i understand that its the tax payers thats gonna pay for it but its obvious enough theres enough people getting unemployment and we're gonna pay for that too. maybe barney frank needs a better plan to help give americans discount towards the big 3 instead of giving the money direct to the company and throwing million dollar parties and bonuses, maybe do away with the union deal no other country has unions why do we need them? the whole idea behind the deals is how can we help our economy and not lose more jobs and make everything worst then it already is!
Old 12-19-2008, 07:39 AM   #9
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Let them file bankrupcy (sp)! It will let them restructure their contracts and they won't fold. Airlines have done it for awhile now and they're still in business.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:46 AM   #10

OU812's Tacoma Gallery
If they, the govt, wants to help them out then it has to be a packaged C11 deal. Throwing good money after bad gets you nowhere. Throw out the union contracts with a C11. This is why the UAW is so against a bankruptcy of any sort.
They could also let the consumer decide who survives by handing out a voucher of some sort towards a big 3 purchase instead of another stimulus check. That way the free market system will decide which companies and products prevail. No one wants to loose their job but if the airlines can do a C11 and live on so can the auto companies.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:48 AM   #11

OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
Let them file bankrupcy (sp)! It will let them restructure their contracts and they won't fold. Airlines have done it for awhile now and they're still in business.
yEAH.. You beat me too it..
Old 12-19-2008, 08:33 AM   #12
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
I agree. The big 3 is so coruped right now, i think the only way for it to get better is if it fully hits rock bottom. I don't want to see them completly die, but like Rome, they almost have to die before they can restructure. Yes I know Rome didn't restructure, but you get my point.