1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ok, I'll try here...last time.

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by dommo, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Apr 14, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    dommo

dommo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    11 PreRunner TRD
    So, I guess I posted this question in the wrong section...several times. Well, my bad. Anyways, here goes...

I am in the market for another truck/SUV. I currently own a 2011 PreRunner...great truck, but 2wd, kinda lacks when it comes to off road. Anyways, I have narrowed the choices down to these 4:

1. 2001-2004 Taco DC. Always liked them. A little smaller than the 2nd Gen, but that has its pluses as well. Tons of aftermarket support, etc.

2. Another, but 4wd, 2005-2011 Taco DC. I love the PreRunner, so 'nuff said.

3.1st gen Tundra...04-06 DC. The extra room and power is a plus. Not as much aftermarket support, but I can make it work.

4. 3rd gen 4Runner. Great SUV's, I owned a 99 way back when, nothing bad to say. Also tons of aftermarket support, so I'm set there, plus plenty of room for the family when we go camping, etc.

Also, this vehicle will be my DD, and geared towards vehicle camping/overlanding/expedition...not so much the hardcore rock crawler or desert racing, etc.

Thanks.

2. Apr 14, 2012 at 9:04 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    1gen Tundra = sex

3. Apr 14, 2012 at 9:06 AM
    dommo

dommo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    11 PreRunner TRD
    I started looking at both newer and older Taco's when I came upon a couple 1st Gen Tundra's. I definitely like the additional room. The only thing that doesnt sit real well with me...they have the same diff's as the smaller, lighter Tacoma's??? How does that work? You would think they crap out that much easier, no?

4. Apr 14, 2012 at 9:11 AM
    Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    I vote 2nd gen DC 4x4. Put a topper on and you have all the utility of a 4runner and more.

Products Discussed in

To Top