Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Ok, I'll try here...last time.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
dommo is on a distinguished road
Army: Drill Sergeant
dommo's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, I'll try here...last time.

So, I guess I posted this question in the wrong section...several times. Well, my bad. Anyways, here goes...

I am in the market for another truck/SUV. I currently own a 2011 PreRunner...great truck, but 2wd, kinda lacks when it comes to off road. Anyways, I have narrowed the choices down to these 4:

1. 2001-2004 Taco DC. Always liked them. A little smaller than the 2nd Gen, but that has its pluses as well. Tons of aftermarket support, etc.

2. Another, but 4wd, 2005-2011 Taco DC. I love the PreRunner, so 'nuff said.

3.1st gen Tundra...04-06 DC. The extra room and power is a plus. Not as much aftermarket support, but I can make it work.

4. 3rd gen 4Runner. Great SUV's, I owned a 99 way back when, nothing bad to say. Also tons of aftermarket support, so I'm set there, plus plenty of room for the family when we go camping, etc.

Also, this vehicle will be my DD, and geared towards vehicle camping/overlanding/expedition...not so much the hardcore rock crawler or desert racing, etc.

Thanks.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #3
dommo is on a distinguished road
Army: Drill Sergeant
dommo's Tacoma Gallery
I started looking at both newer and older Taco's when I came upon a couple 1st Gen Tundra's. I definitely like the additional room. The only thing that doesnt sit real well with me...they have the same diff's as the smaller, lighter Tacoma's??? How does that work? You would think they crap out that much easier, no?
Old 04-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #4
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
I vote 2nd gen DC 4x4. Put a topper on and you have all the utility of a 4runner and more.