Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

2009 Suzuki Truck

Old 12-20-2008, 02:32 AM   #21
BlueXenon is on a distinguished road

BlueXenon's Tacoma Gallery
Ill stick to Suzuki for bikes, uhh thats about it. I'm not too crazy about their cars. Ohh and dont get me started on nissan, I have friends who have horror stories with their cars and nissan's crappy customer service.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:40 AM   #22
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
ha buddy of mine just blew his third rear end in his 07 frontier the dealer is trying to say he's been "hot rodding". he asked me yesterday "what did you pay for your truck again?"
Old 12-20-2008, 11:09 AM   #23
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueXenon View Post
Ohh and dont get me started on nissan, I have friends who have horror stories with their cars and nissan's crappy customer service.
I must be one of your friends because I have a ton, lol! I traded an '05 Altima 3.5SE for the Tacoma after having the Altima in the shop 4 times in the 6 months for various reasons, more than once for a leaky trans, plus other visits prior to that for other issues. They never wanted to give me a loaner, never offered anything other than another trip back for service. That was on a car that had 29K miles on it when I traded it in.

So Suzuki can go ahead and offer their 100K mile warranty but was is your time worth to you? Mine is worth a lot.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #24
Aldo ct will become famous soon enoughAldo ct will become famous soon enough

Aldo ct's Tacoma Gallery
What's the point of this truck? Does suzuki actually think that it will make a profit? They won't sell many of these trucks.

It's just like the rebadged dakota made for mitsubishi called the raider. I don't even know if they still make that. And not to mention the rebadged ranger aka mazda b series.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:23 PM   #25
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Suzuki has a lot of capital, and growing there market share is important. Yes while others have failed this is an opportune time to take advantage of a sagging market, enter it as low cost, hold and then expand until your like us at Toyota. Competition will only help us, but only if it is stiff.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:50 PM   #26
taco@you123 has a spectacular aura abouttaco@you123 has a spectacular aura abouttaco@you123 has a spectacular aura about

taco@you123's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HILOTOY View Post
totally agree, nissan does make tough trucks, just wanted to something different from Japan......................remember the ridgeline..
lmao... ridgeline....
Old 12-22-2008, 09:53 AM   #27
Supergroovalisticprosifun kstication
Mr Wiggles is a jewel in the roughMr Wiggles is a jewel in the roughMr Wiggles is a jewel in the roughMr Wiggles is a jewel in the rough

Mr Wiggles's Tacoma Gallery
Badge Engineering is nothing new.

It's just surprising to see this going on between different japanese manufacturers. It's one thing when GM sells suzukis (trackers) or subarus (saab 92x) but to see badge engineering within the highly competitive japanese manufacturing landscape would be just as surprising as seeing mercedes sell a re badged VW.

From a business perspective it makes sense, proven platform, short time to market, low investment cost, etc. And the way the market's swinging around for new vehicles in North America, it seems prudent on Suzuki's part to offer something like this for '09, even if they could only see a profit of a couple thousand bucks on a unit like this.

I wonder what sort of pricing they're going to come in with in Canada and if they'll offer all the configurations that nissan does including the offroad nismo and the pimped out LE.

Obviously there'd be some sort of agreement so they couldn't undercut nissan too hard, but considering a full load frontier will run you $42,000, even a $3-$5K discount would be pretty sweet.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:24 AM   #28
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
If it's anything like the Dakota/Raider they'll just sell them seriously neutered and undersell them.

Same thing with the Canyon and the Izuzu i-280/i-350.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:57 AM   #29
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Think Suzuki Samari. Not much put towards quality, they weren't around long.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:59 AM   #30
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Im not a fan of their new body style.. But anything looks cool sas'd on 40s so if thats your plan then go for it
Old 12-30-2008, 08:02 AM   #31
Supergroovalisticprosifun kstication
Mr Wiggles is a jewel in the roughMr Wiggles is a jewel in the roughMr Wiggles is a jewel in the roughMr Wiggles is a jewel in the rough

Mr Wiggles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
Think Suzuki Samari. Not much put towards quality, they weren't around long.
Um, the Samurai is one of the longest lived small SUV's of all time. And they're bulletproof.

Suzuki started building them in 1982 and they still build them to this day. Maybe check your facts.