Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

Warranty issues

Old 12-20-2008, 10:13 AM   #1
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

Name: Levi
tacoma08MZ's Tacoma Gallery
Warranty issues

Im not actually having warranty issues or issues with my truck im just curious about something. I know ive read and asked about on here the magnesson moss act i beleive its called about them having to prove that part caused whatever to break, to break. My question is has anyone with a lifted truck had anything small or large break and the dealer give you trouble saying your warranty was voided until you brought this up? Just curious
Old 12-20-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't heard any stories of this happening. In fact, one of the guys in my AZ truck club took his in for some warranty work (engine or tranny issues me thinks), and the techs at the dealership were impressed by his setup / thought it was cool he wheeled his tacoma.

There are probably some pricks out there though that will try to use any excuse in the book to avoid fixing.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #3
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

Name: Levi
tacoma08MZ's Tacoma Gallery
thats cool, theres still some nice people out there after all
Old 12-20-2008, 06:00 PM   #4
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
There was a guy on TTora that had issues with warranty service and aftermarket parts. He wound up taking them to court and won. It's not enough for them to just point out that there are aftermarket parts on the truck. They have to prove the parts caused the problem. Most people won't fight it which is why some get away with denying warranty claims. They were blaming his aftermarket bumper for a failed weld on his motor mounts but he had photos showing a showroom truck with the same setup.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:15 PM   #5
Cobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud of

Army: 82nd Airborne Division
Cobra69's Tacoma Gallery
Most dealers will only void the warranty on after markets parts put on the truck. They will fix the rest.

So say you have new coilovers from wheelers and take it in for front suspension work......probably NOT gonna happen,but if you bring it in for anything else connected to them they should do the work.