Notices

Anyone know about S-10's?

Old 04-22-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
New vehicle/Tacoma *****
theGastone is on a distinguished road

Name: Ian
theGastone's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know about S-10's?

My buddy has been without his truck for months now (it's a 2002 Chevy S10 Xtreme with a 4.3L Vortec v6), he finally gets it fixed, gets tags and stuff renewed as well as his license and 3 days later (being today) it's dead in the water. When he puts the key in the ignition and tries to turn it over, there's a POP. We checked all the fuses related to the ignition and they're all fine. But the vehicle is getting literally no electricity, because I plugged in my ODB-II and it wouldn't come on. I originally suspected the battery, we'd even hooked it up to my Taco with jumpers, to no avail.

Do any of yall have any experience with these trucks? Or have any idea as to what the problem could be? Also do you think that there's a place where we could just borrow a battery to see if that actually is the problem?
Old 04-23-2012, 01:52 AM   #2
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Try here this link.

Frank
Old 04-23-2012, 01:54 AM   #3
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
^^^
Old 04-23-2012, 02:31 AM   #4
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-23-2012, 05:26 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If you tried jumping it and still got nothing from the S-10, it's probably not the battery. I'm guessing you got that loud pop once which would indicate an electrical short somewhere. If all the fuses are good (replace them, don't just inspect them visually) and you're getting absolutely nothing, you'll need to start trouble shooting the vehicles electrical system. Hopefully you didn't fry the ECU (if that's even possible with the S-10).
Old 04-23-2012, 06:21 AM   #6
New vehicle/Tacoma *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
Try here this link.

Frank
You really think I didn't try that first? Obviously I'd come to a Tacoma forum as a last resort for a Chevy. You don't have to be a smart ass.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:28 AM   #7
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Did you check the main fuses? Not the ones under the dash, but the big ones under the hood. Like was said above, check ALL of the fuses to make sure something didn't blow.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #8
New vehicle/Tacoma *****

I'll check the ones under the dash because we only checked the ones under the hood. At least I only checked those. Not sure if he did.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:14 AM   #9
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
I think you should just call it a total loss and let me have the leaf springs to give to Doug :-D
Old 04-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGastone View Post
I'll check the ones under the dash because we only checked the ones under the hood. At least I only checked those. Not sure if he did.
Find a NEW fuse of each amperage, pull the first fuse, replace with new, try it, then take that old fuse and replace the next one of the same amperage and so on. That's kind of a cheap way to check your fuse situation and how I do it if I don't know what's blown out (assuming it's a fuse).