Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

How did the Toyota safety recalls make you feel?

Old 04-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
How did the Toyota safety recalls make you feel?

Im writing a paper about toyota quality, and id like it if you guys could chime in and give me some opinions

Im just trying to get perspectives from real toyota owners. So my question is, how did the safety recalls affect your image of toyota as a company?
Old 04-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
10DC4x4 is on a distinguished road
10DC4x4's Tacoma Gallery
When I found out about the throttle recall I just went out and got a brush guard I know that kinda mean but ill just send the bill to Toyota for what ever I run into but my truck will be perfect lol.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
seksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Brandon
seksilumpia's Tacoma Gallery
I still love toyota. But i would like the quality to be better. I think that sometimes they rush just to keep with competition and trying to hard to do impress in other areas. I think its good that they do the recall work ,but the reason we buy toyota is for the value and quality.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
thanks a lot guys,

keep it coming
Old 04-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The Safety recals make me feel scared. Many times I curl into the corner of my house, and tremble knowing at any moment my Taomca could either take off at breakneck speeds (floor mats sticking to throttle), My air bag could suddenly deploy (Clock spring), or my blower motor could drive me to suicide from the chirping......
Old 04-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
The recalls didn't bother me, the stupid TSB's pissed me off. To me, as a consumer, it says "Yep, we know we assembled the truck knowing it won't do what we claim it will do but, unless you call us out on it while you're still under warranty, we pulled a fast one on you". The TSB's aren't overly well advertised or necessarily easy to find outside of a forum such as TW and not all of the dealerships are aware of them either. The TSB's I think show a more blatant disregard for quality vs a recall which corrects a found safety concern.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #7
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Only thing that pissed me off was I was going to have to deal with a bunch of Toyota bashing from the GM and Ford fanboys.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
GO TIGERS!
holyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
holyfield19's Tacoma Gallery
As far as customer service.........It sucks. I am right now getting my clock spring replaced at a dealership in S.C.. I made an appointment last week to bring it in yesterday. Gave them the VIN last week so they could have the parts. Called yesterday morning before I left to bring it to them and they confirmed they had the part. I live about 40 min from the dealer, so I planned a trip for the day to go out there on my day off (only day off as I am working 6-12's right now). About 30 min after dropping it off they called and said they didn't have the parts, WTF!! Later that evening when I went to pick up a loaner, me, service rep. and service manager sat down for a talk. The service rep. told the manager that he told me they wouldn't have the part until they did a visual inspection of the vehicle......NOT true. He also told the manager he explained this to me twice, last week and yesterday, WTF!!! They assured me yesterday before I dropped it off the parts were ordered and in, but they were not. They offered to come pick up the loaner today while I was at work and drop off my truck, I declined. First, I don't want someone else driving my truck; second, I work in a nuclear facility and you need to be badged to get through security. I am dissapointed in the customer service, as I feel like they don't give a shit. He offered me an oil change, but I do my own. Then he told me the cabin air filter is clogged and they would replace it.........for $45....LMAO. When I asked if they would replace the filter for free because of the mess up with the clock spring, they said no. I might have to have another chat with the service manager when I go back later today. I don't enjoy stirring the pot, but this might be the one to stir.

It is now 1:30, they told me yesterday the truck would be ready first thing this morning. I called about 20 min. ago and they still have not started on my truck.

Thanks for letting me vent a little, today is my monday, and work is not going well today. *END RANT*
Old 04-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
In all honesty, Im disapointed in Toyotas quality in the last few years. For example, the last gen. Camry. The rear quarter pannels vibrate visibly on the freeway on all models. I havent seen that on any other car. The last gen. Tacoma has areas of clear cost cutting. Now, that being said, its still a better product than the domestics have to offer, but the gap between them is shrinking.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #11
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing's perfect. I'm just happy they found the issue and recalled in vs. not finding the issue and leaving it as is.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #12
rbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: ARFF @ ROC
Name: Rich
rbishopp's Tacoma Gallery
No biggie. My father tried to give me shit about it and told me I should sell the truck asap because it was dangerous. So I asked him to list all the recalls that his beloved GM trucks have had over the years and compare to the Bullshit recall for the throttle and floor mat problem that dumb people just can't deal with. He shut the hell up quick.
I'd buy another today and in fact my GF just bought a Rav4 and I got $100 finders fee from dealer for bringing her in.

They are all
Old 04-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #13
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
The recalls didn't bother me, the stupid TSB's pissed me off. To me, as a consumer, it says "Yep, we know we assembled the truck knowing it won't do what we claim it will do but, unless you call us out on it while you're still under warranty, we pulled a fast one on you". The TSB's aren't overly well advertised or necessarily easy to find outside of a forum such as TW and not all of the dealerships are aware of them either. The TSB's I think show a more blatant disregard for quality vs a recall which corrects a found safety concern.
X2- don't send it to the dealership HOPING the defect will go unnoticed.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #14
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Nothing's perfect. I'm just happy they found the issue and recalled in vs. not finding the issue and leaving it as is.
X2
Old 04-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #15
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I was pissed when Toyota dealership just cut my gas pedal and they didn't even ask I was like the fuck
Old 04-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #16
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
I was pissed when Toyota dealership just cut my gas pedal and they didn't even ask I was like the fuck
haha that sux. THat why i dont take it to the stealership anymore. I am a rebel with the longer gas pedal still
Old 04-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #17
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just glad Toyota owns up to some of their problems.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #18
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
They make me feel nothing.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #19
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Damn. Your truck must be worthless now.