Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > General Automotive

Notices

54" Tires!!

Old 05-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #25
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4jeep View Post
Why are trucks like this always missing the front drive shaft
For better MPG's obviously
Old 05-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #26
Team no taco
Cinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 9th BN 94th DIV Instructor
Name: Jose
Cinco's Tacoma Gallery
I think that shit looks badass. I would prefer it to be a real bogger but oh well. *puts on flat Bill hat*
Old 05-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #27
CK4500 is on a distinguished road

CK4500's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
I think that shit looks badass. I would prefer it to be a real bogger but oh well. *puts on flat Bill hat*
Yeah, I agree it's very cool! Looks bad ass! BUT, completely useless!

The Coppers told me he got a "fix it" ticket. Which means the Registration was removed from the vehicle and plate was siezed. Douchetard can't register it anywhere in Canada until it has passed the inspection. VIN is flagged! lol So who's gonna buy it now? Can't even drive it legally.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #28
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK4500 View Post

The Coppers told me he got a "fix it" ticket. Which means the Registration was removed from the vehicle and plate was siezed. Douchetard can't register it anywhere in Canada until it has passed the inspection. VIN is flagged! lol So who's gonna buy it now? Can't even drive it legally.
Probably the way it was registered the first time, drop it down, get it inspected, then throw on the 54's again.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #29
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
LOL, only in Red Deer!

Probably a rig pig with too much money and not enough brains...
Old 05-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #30
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
my buddy had a super duty f 350 lifted 22 inches on 44 inch tires with 20 inch rims in highschool. he used to take up two parking spaces.... cops followed him to his spot and wrote him a $14,000 fix it ticket. Tires too big. Windows tinted, Lift too high, fog lights too high, etc etc...
Old 05-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #31
Team no taco
Cinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 9th BN 94th DIV Instructor
Name: Jose
Cinco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK4500 View Post

Ugh...

That is funny yet horrible at the same time. I would feel bad if he wasnt a D-bag. He is going to have to bring it to the US and sell it out in the country lol.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #32
bubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bubbagumps's Tacoma Gallery
Well, it is not my taste but I cannot help but notice a bit of hypocrisy here.

For everyone chiding the guy because the mods and lifts and big tires have no functional purpose, and everyone calling out the lack of front shaft--

How many people here who lift their truck really need the lift for any functional or practical reason? My guess is this is the exception, not the rule.

The truth is, most(not all) mods people do to their trucks--lifts, hefty mud tires, etc..will never be used for practical reason and it is all aesthetics and looks and image.

So, why poke fun at the guy about looking good at the mall when most do the same thing? Just because the mods people here do to their truck are not as extreme is irrelevant. There is someone out there without mods who is looking at you the same way--calling you a retard, etc and saying, why did that toolbag with the tacoma lift his truck and put mud tires on when he never really makes use of it? It sure looks good at the mall, though.

My two cents. Just keeping it real.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #33
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah we don't have a lot of hills to climb around here in Florida so we have a lot of mud holes all over the state. As long as the 4wheel drive still worked I wouldn't mind owning it if it were a gift.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #34

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagumps View Post

For everyone chiding the guy because the mods and lifts and big tires have no functional purpose, and everyone calling out the lack of front shaft--

How many people here who lift their truck really need the lift for any functional or practical reason? My guess is this is the exception, not the rule.

The truth is, most(not all) mods people do to their trucks--lifts, hefty mud tires, etc..will never be used for practical reason and it is all aesthetics and looks and image.

So, why poke fun at the guy about looking good at the mall when most do the same thing? Just because the mods people here do to their truck are not as extreme is irrelevant. There is someone out there without mods who is looking at you the same way--calling you a retard, etc and saying, why did that toolbag with the tacoma lift his truck and put mud tires on when he never really makes use of it? It sure looks good at the mall, though.

I agree to an extent... That guy spent close to $4k on tires, god only knows how much on fab work for that suspension lift and in the end it's a 2wd truck that's less capable than it was when it was stock (too tall to tow, fat tires and no 4wd means it will suck off road). In my opinion, if you're going to spend THAT kind of money, you should at least make it somewhat functional. $10k for a look is ridiculous, it's like going full LT just to cruise the highway.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #36
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I agree to an extent... That guy spent close to $4k on tires, god only knows how much on fab work for that suspension lift and in the end it's a 2wd truck that's less capable than it was when it was stock (too tall to tow, fat tires and no 4wd means it will suck off road). In my opinion, if you're going to spend THAT kind of money, you should at least make it somewhat functional. $10k for a look is ridiculous, it's like going full LT just to cruise the highway.
he could make it a 4x4 by simply hooking up the front shaft right? maybe he is still working on it. i think its silly to build a truck you can't drive at all on the road when its obviously not a dedicated trail rig. that parts dumb but, the truck is still pretty cool imo
Old 05-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #37
YukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of light
YukonLT's Tacoma Gallery
To each his own...
Old 05-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #38
bubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bubbagumps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
It's all relative. Someone with low income will say the same thing about people who mod their tacomas--too tall, fat tires with no 4WD, it will suck offroad. Why spend that much money?, etc..

Most everyone mods their trucks for looks. That's just the reality. Those who do true offroading where the mods will come into play are the extreme exception, not the rule. I am not talkiing dirt roads or forest trails. A Prius can handle that.

Nothing wrong with any of this. We all like our rides to look nice and it is all subjective. But I am just being real. 95% of the people who do all these lifts and such do so for image. And in the end and, it will never be needed. A waste of money? Is buying a nice shirt or pair of shoes a waste of money? No. Wanting to look good comes with a price. But it is not a waste of money, just a personal decision on how to spend your money.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #39
CK4500 is on a distinguished road

CK4500's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmans.army View Post
He has mudflaps, I dont see a problem......
lol I think the brackets used to make the mud flaps legal "Must cover the entire width of the tire, and come to the mid point of the axel" probably cost a few thousand, unless he's a welder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagumps View Post

Yeah, I agree with you. My Taco pictured in my sig file was a Mall Crawler. I had no desire to go off roading. I wanted the look. Although it was still functional blasting through giant snow drifts in the winter. I definitely did not need 35" tires to get through the snow! No one questioned my lift when we had 3 or 4 foot high snow drifts! I only got mocked in the summer, when it was always clean.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #40
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
good place to put this....

land rover on 54s
http://www.expeditionportal.com/vehi...ii-on-54s.html

holy drop hitch